List of UPS Hubs on Wikipedia

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That is an interesting link. Now I can figure out some of the abbreviations and SLIC numbers people use. They had the city spelled wrong where I work though.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Not all of those are actual hubs,for example in Mass,there are only 2 hubs
WORMA {worcester ma actual bldng is in Shrewsbury,} Chema Chelmsford Mass....
A building is ID'd by the first 3 letters of the city and the state abbreviation to follow it.So Lynnfield Mass blg would be LYNMA
Yarmouth Ma would be YARMA Portland Maine PORME etc.. etc....

PobreCarlos

covemaster;

I'd have to agree....seems there are a lot of facilities listed there where it would be a bit of a stretch to actually call them a "hub". Although I guess if a building only processes a couple of loads that don't originate/terminate where they're being sorted, that makes it a "hub" of sorts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not all of those are actual hubs,for example in Mass,there are only 2 hubs
WORMA {worcester ma actual bldng is in Shrewsbury,} Chema Chelmsford Mass....
A building is ID'd by the first 3 letters of the city and the state abbreviation to follow it.So Lynnfield Mass blg would be LYNMA
Yarmouth Ma would be YARMA Portland Maine PORME etc.. etc....
Hubs are easily identified - they end with a "9".
That is why they are usually identified on internal routing labels and tags with just the first three digits.

drewed

Shankman
Hubs are easily identified - they end with a "9".
That is why they are usually identified on internal routing labels and tags with just the first three digits.
I never thought of it that way hoke........I never realized it but our over seas building work thatw y as well.

Jagz

Missing a few hubs in MA

Here's 2 that I know of that aren't listed;

Dartmouth, MA DARMA 0270
Sagamore, MA SAMMA 0260