little round circle with an x that blinks red

eddsux

as i was working today i noticed a new item on the bottom of my DIAD IV......a little circle with an x and it would blink red on and off.......can anyone tell me what this is

705red

Browncafe Steward
as i was working today i noticed a new item on the bottom of my DIAD IV......a little circle with an x and it would blink red on and off.......can anyone tell me what this is
Maybe your gpswas activated today. I have heard that right now its not active on all the boards for following a drivers day, they must activate it to see how you run your route and to see if you are were you said you were. This is my guess.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Sounds like your GPS is telling you you are miss delivering a stop.:wink: But then again, sometimes it does that when you are at the correct address. I noticed this is your first post and thread, UPSwolf. Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

Raw

Raw Member
That means to immediately return to the building because your FIRED!!!! :ohmy:

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Whats GPS? Up here in the frozen tundra of Saskatchewan, Canada we're still chiseling signatures in stone. I hear there is this new invention called the internal combustion engine. Thank god I won't have to pull this rickshaw around for much longer. :lol:

wo88upsman

I t makes an extremely annoying sound when you are at the wrong spot. Sometimes it messes up when you are at the right spot but usually it just shows a green bullseye when you are at the right spot. Some spots you have to train gps, after you deliver there a time or two it realizes you are right and will spot blinking red.

browned_out

:lol: Is'nt it great when they don't tell you whats going on. Sounds familar!!! It is GPS, you would think that your management team would clue you in. Same thing happened in our center, it just appeared one day. It did'nt take long to figure out what was going on by the way the bullseye would turn red if you were not witin a certain distance of the stop. Typical UPS, don't tell drivers anything let them figure out by themselfs. CLASSIC

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Heh............. we are still on Diad 3 at my center. Friend of mine's center just started on Diad 4 about 2 weeks ago. They just sent the boards to em one morning. No explanation or training on them. Thats the UPS I know and love!

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
We got GPS about a month ago. I was on an OJS ride with my SUPERvisor when it went off. We were at the right stop, but the diad swore we weren't. Man that thing is annoying(the diad,not thesup):w00t:

diesel96

Be aware whenever that red warning singal alerts, the center has a report on it the next day. And when you have a long drive to that last next day air stop there's no more pre-recording it to lock in the time prior to 10:30am. So don't leave the center unless your sure you can make ALL NDA's on time.Same goes for NDA Savers and 2nd day am's.

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
Be aware whenever that red warning singal alerts, the center has a report on it the next day. And when you have a long drive to that last next day air stop there's no more pre-recording it to lock in the time prior to 10:30am. So don't leave the center unless your sure you can make ALL NDA's on time.Same goes for NDA Savers and 2nd day am's.

How can there be no more pre-recording before 10:30? How do you leave multi stops and packages at one address, say an apartment or something?? I've delivered to apartments that have recieved more than one NDA for more than one resident on the same day. They are not in so the office signed for them; from per-recored mode.

helenofcalifornia

We pre-record EAM's and NDA's on a regular basis in the signature ready mode and they haven't come up as late....yet. And we are on GPS. (Please save the falsifying records comments, I just want to do my job with as little hassle as possible.)

browndude

what he means by that is the gps will tell where you were when you prerecorded it and it will also tell when you got to the stop and actually delivered the pkg. that is called falsifying records and you can be fired for that with no hopes of getting your job back so why would you take the chance?

diesel96

Originally Posted by diesel96
Be aware whenever that red warning singal alerts, the center has a report on it the next day. And when you have a long drive to that last next day air stop there's no more pre-recording(I mean't Scanning not pre-recording) it to lock in the time prior to 10:30am. So don't leave the center unless your sure you can make ALL NDA's on time.Same goes for NDA Savers and 2nd day am's.

My bad I meant Scan to lock in the time,not pre-record.
When you scan a EDD recorded pkg compatible with the GPS technology, and your more than 250/300 yards away from that adress, the edd/gps warning should activate.If there's a pattern of a driver dr'ing pkgs(espeically nda pkgs) in the red,this tells the center you are not where your records indicate,thats falsifiying records.(there are rare instances where gps goes red and you are at the correct address).

EAM's and NDA's and pkgs that are not in the EDD system then GPS might be inactive. Maybe a EDD dipatch superviser can clarify this.

Yes, you can scan and pre-record EDD pkgs off area, however a red flag can show on the centers reports that those pkgs were sheeted off area.

Gman24

It is GPS to a certain extent!!!! All it is doing is matching previously delivered stops to the LAT/LONG that is on record for that particular stop. GPS has been enabled on a lot of boards before this STOP MATCH deal went into affect on MONDAY (yesterday). It has been logging LAT/LONG for several weeks if not months and been forming a DATABASE to go along with each delivery stop. It also only works if that stop for the day is ALLREADY in EDD and in YOUR BOARD that morning before you leave. See what happens if you have a stop that isn't in your board in EDD. It will show up as NUETRAL when you deliver it.

I have a stop (my first stop every morning) that I meet a guy in another town on the way to the town where I deliver and give him his pkgs. Guess what, the ALERT shows that I am at the correct spot when I deliver it to him and he signs, even though I am in an entirely different zip code when he gets them. That's why I say it is based on previously delivered information because I have been doing this every day since EDD has been enabled and the delivery GPS info is actually under these co ordinates, even though it's REALLY wrong.

I hope I explained it CLEARLY?????