Loading trucks

gman042

Been around the block a few times
There is a trick we use. If we put a package on the shelf that is part of a multiple shipment we tag it with an info notice. That is a signal to the driver to look on the floor.
We don't have technology of any sort so we do what we can to help the driver

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a trick we use. If we put a package on the shelf that is part of a multiple shipment we tag it with an info notice. That is a signal to the driver to look on the floor.

draw an arrow on the package on the shelf pointing down to the other packages for the same stop on the floor.

PT Car Washer

Do you mean your center does not have PAS and PAL labels and load by the old load charts?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes...that's an old trick. I also use that if I move a bulk stop PAL'd to the front...and put it in the back.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Doesn't matter they don't train loaders correctly and the DOL system is broken n not done correctly anyhow. Destined to fail not because of what your doing but because the whole system is broken n not set up correctly to work by the brain dead idiots you work for.
Oooh yeah jumpman I heard loaders watch a video and then thrown out there to load 3to4 cars by themselves. Remember the turnover rate is above 50%and doesn't seem to affect the stock prices . Somehow we are the ones suffering with a job we like due to brainless management driven by orders from corporate that require unrealistic goals that affect our customer/driver relationships and basic integrity surrounded by public reliability.

PT Car Washer

I know I've loaded trucks a few times. I'm not blaming the loaders as much as they don't get trained at all it's terrible. My loader pulls out every slip for hazmats not just one. The hazmat pouch is spilling over everyday.
Is that what is going on. I too have noticed the hazmat pouches stuffed on certain trucks. I blamed the driver for not cleaning them out after the delivery.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I knew it was a DOT violation just not how serious it was. Always check my hazmat pouch and throw out old ones along with the other PC's when working the wash.
Yeah I've noticed some of it is rookie drivers not cleaning it out but mostly preloader shoving every Copy of the papers in there.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The way they should have truck loaded, is flip flop the top shelves with the middle shelves. Keep businesses on middle shelves and on the floor and rear floor areas. For example if 2000 shelf gets a stop that has to many boxes its easier to load it right below on the floor as overflow or just load whole stop on floor. The top shelves should always be nothing but residentials(depending on type of route). Its your most abundant shelf square footage wise and has the most room,that way you don't have residential overflow on the floor from running out of room on the 2000 shelf, that's just commonsense. Loaded tight to the roof so you have no room in between boxes at all, not even enough room to put your hand between boxes and smalls should go behind the big boxes on top shelf. Work all your middle shelves and floor out and later in day when you run your resies out(not always at end of day I get that depending on route) grab from top, put on middle shelves, sort it and run it from your selection shelf. Easiest and most commonsense way for most routes except for super bulky mostly businesses routes obviously. Don't get it why those dumbasczzes cant figure it out, it aint rocket science freakin idiots. Heres an example, load example 3.pngload example 1.pngYou kinda get the idea from here.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Just listen to you're supervisor, he probably loaded for at least several months and therefore knows what he's talking about. Just load faster and in sequence and all will be well.
I sheet you not, I saw my belt pt sup training a new loader two weeks ago. I walk in this past Monday and the loader he was training is now a sup training a seasonal hire. Even my on road said,

"wait, didn't that guy just start here? WTF?!"