Local 177 Election

rpoz11

You are sounding very one-sided. Like you have made up your mind and want everyone else to think like you do.
And as for using vacation, that's BS. They will campaign in the morning, go into the hall or their barns, then campaign later in the day. They won't use a day of vacation time.

Here locally, the BA's & the Secretary Treasurer have been at the building campaigning.
Sometimes when they are done, they go inside in work areas and continue campaigning as well as speak to management regarding issues.
What vacation time are these guys taking?
Appears to me that they are on union time, on our dime.
​No one is enforcing this here to take Vacation time !
One of the BA's even acts as if he can whatever he so chooses.
Basically tells us he will do whatever he wants to whenever he feels like it.

Inthegame

... And as for using vacation, that's BS. They will campaign in the morning, go into the hall or their barns, then campaign later in the day. They won't use a day of vacation time.
So Father Martin, how are you so certain of this imagined fact? Have you seen their vacation log? I didn't think so.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sound serious if true, key word being, "if". I would think it would be easy for the opposition to check if they are in violation or not. Or, do the Feds investigate that kind of thing?

Inthegame

Sound serious if true, key word being, "if". I would think it would be easy for the opposition to check if they are in violation or not. Or, do the Feds investigate that kind of thing?
If the "opposition" has any creditable knowledge of officers or BA's campaigning while "on the clock" they should file a pre-election protest. If they don't know how to do that simple task, they have no business running for office.

Talking to members about issues while on vacation is a normal occurance for BA's (ask their happy wifes). Here's another news flash, BA's and officers regularly stop and work at the union hall on vacations and weekends. It's a 24-7 job.