Local 177 November 6th General meeting

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Local 177 had a General meeting and Seniority issues that are happening in the local were discussed... It was crazy!!
It's a joke one list guys totally unprepared again......it was almost comical that an11 year driver was their spokesman today and he probably wouldn't even be in feeders if there was one list.....again the membership at the meeting was against one list as the people that proposed it were shouted down......I think it's time you guys stop this one list nonsense and let the local focus on real things that the membership is looking for at contract time

It's a joke one list guys totally unprepared again......it was almost comical that an11 year driver was their spokesman today and he probably wouldn't even be in feeders if there was one list.....again the membership at the meeting was against one list as the people that proposed it were shouted down......I think it's time you guys stop this one list nonsense and let the local focus on real things that the membership is looking for at contract time
Lol. I was at the meeting.. You know, the meetimg you were not at because you are not in local 177...

That 11 year guy not only had balls, he knew all the answers the street guys had... Half the street guys didn't know what they were talking about.. Even the VP of the local didn't say much after the 11 year guy gave the answers... He only said you have 11 years and if this happened before you would not be in package... Really!! I've talked to alot of package drivers and it's the 1 to 15 year majority of drivers that want this.. The 20 year plus majority are staying in package or going porter or clerk... Let it go... It's going to happen and it's good for everyone...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Lol. I was at the meeting.. You know, the meetimg you were not at because you are not in local 177...

That 11 year guy not only had balls, he knew all the answers the street guys had... Half the street guys didn't know what they were talking about.. Even the VP of the local didn't say much after the 11 year guy gave the answers... He only said you have 11 years and if this happened before you would not be in package... Really!! I've talked to alot of package drivers and it's the 1 to 15 year majority of drivers that want this.. The 20 year plus majority are staying in package or going porter or clerk... Let it go... It's going to happen and it's good for everyone...
The 11 year guys was clueless and still had no answers about part timers or how it would affect center to center package transfers.....would they have to re bid all jobs in all classifications still nobody knows.......the only reason you got 500 signatures is because you told everyone in package that they would move up the seniority list which isn't true

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The 11 year guys was clueless and still had no answers about part timers or how it would affect center to center package transfers.....would they have to re bid all jobs in all classifications still nobody knows.......the only reason you got 500 signatures is because you told everyone in package that they would move up the seniority list which isn't true

Um, sounds like he knows an awful lot about the meeting for "not being there".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My Local has one full-time seniority list, and we carry our full-time seniority with us from classification to classification, through our career at UPS.

How can anybody think that 20 years of humping bundles should mean nothing when bidding in to feeders?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

My Local has one full-time seniority list, and we carry our full-time seniority with us from classification to classification, through our career at UPS.

How can anybody think that 20 years of humping bundles should mean nothing when bidding in to feeders?
The problem is they don't have a plan for restructuring everyone in the locals seniority.....they only want it for a small group of feeder drivers.....they don't know what they are going to do about part timers.....they don't want them included because then their seniority will go lower.....they are telling people everyone's seniority is going to go up which can't happen because someone's seniority has to go down......and the biggest problem is this seniority system has been in place for over 30 years and they knew the rules going in now they want to change them to fit themselves only

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

How many years in package before you can go to feeders usually in your local?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How many years in package before you can go to feeders usually in your local?
Lately, the Company can't get enough package car drivers to sign the list here and have been hiring off the street.
Any driver with a year under their belt have been able to train in feeders here of late.
The vast majority who sign up, seem to disqualify themselves, and come back to packages.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The problem is they don't have a plan for restructuring everyone in the locals seniority.....they only want it for a small group of feeder drivers.....they don't know what they are going to do about part timers.....they don't want them included because then their seniority will go lower.....they are telling people everyone's seniority is going to go up which can't happen because someone's seniority has to go down......and the biggest problem is this seniority system has been in place for over 30 years and they knew the rules going in now they want to change them to fit themselves only
Part timers should have their own seniority list.
The only thing part time seniority affects in regards to full time tenure is in regards to how many vacations you are eligible for and service pensions .

There is no good reason why my 23 years in packages should mean nothing if I bid into feeders, leaving some 10 year off street hire above me in picking jobs and vacation weeks.

Indecisi0n

We had a driver transfer into feeders with 16 years package. He's been getting bumped for jobs in feeders from an off the street hire that has like 5 years. I can see how that would piss off guys.

You are talking out if your bass... They have a great plan to propose... I've seen what they have and it looks good.. If you were at the meeting, you would have heard the guy in the green sweet shirt telling everyone what they needed to know.... Part timers would be included if they signed or put in their proposals... There was a massive campaign by the CCSC members to let the local members know what they are asking for, Part time Full time Seniority... It's up to the members... Now CCSC are going around to all the bldgs and getting proposals signed So far it looks like the members are leaning towards Full time only but you never know, the Part timers might come foward and if so they deserve it... This is what I was told by them...

Also it is being told that everyone would go to their rightful spot which it should be and this is coming from the majority... You will see don't worry you are not in this local anyway so it doesn't affect you...

Last edited:
Lately, the Company can't get enough package car drivers to sign the list here and have been hiring off the street.
Any driver with a year under their belt have been able to train in feeders here of late.
The vast majority who sign up, seem to disqualify themselves, and come back to packages.
That's funny because that's the same thing that happens in local 177.. A lot of members go back because they don't like driving the tractor... So a bunch of street guys in local 177 were telling the 11 year guy at the local 177 meeting " If you could carry your seniority, you wouldn't be in feeders"... The street guys have no idea... They think everyone is going to come out of the wood works to come into feeders... Lol... You can't make this sheet up.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

You are talking out if your bass... They have a great plan to propose... I've seen what they have and it looks good.. If you were at the meeting, you would have heard the guy in the green sweet shirt telling everyone what they needed to know.... Part timers would be included if they signed or put in their proposals... There was a massive campaign by the CCSC members to let the local members know what they are asking for, Part time Full time Seniority... It's up to the members... Now CCSC are going around to all the bldgs and getting proposals signed So far it looks like the members are leaning towards Full time only but you never know, the Part timers might come foward and if so they deserve it... This is what I was told by them...

Also it is being told that everyone would go to their rightful spot which it should be and this is coming from the majority... You will see don't worry you are not in this local anyway so it doesn't affect you...
So let me get this straight mike....in your mind you heard the majority of the members at that meeting wanted what you guys were looking for or did you hear everyone there was against what you wanted.......ill tell you the reality......there were 3 or 4 guys at the meeting that agreed with you and 150 that disagreed with you.......10 guys spoke out against what you wanted including a 50 year 177 teamster.......also you guys sent out a text message to get a big turnout for the meeting......again nobody showed just you terry and mike.......I give ab credit for even entertaining you guys

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So, are too saying that "ab" had other options, at a general membership meeting?

This is the type of "comment" that gives up your true thought process.

JS

~Bbbl~[emoji769]
It's an open floor for all members to speak......but these 3 guys come to every meeting and say the same thing at every meeting with no support from the majority of the membership......it gets tiring to hear the same story with no plan at every meeting from them.......they have a handful of members that are looking for change in this part of the contract and the majority wants it to stay the same

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's an open floor for all members to speak......but these 3 guys come to every meeting and say the same thing at every meeting with no support from the majority of the membership......it gets tiring to hear the same story with no plan at every meeting from them.......they have a handful of members that are looking for change in this part of the contract and the majority wants it to stay the same
They say you aren't a member of this Local, is it true.