Local 2727 update

Fur-low

UPS earnings soar 71 per cent

11-Aug-2010
UPS reported a 71 per cent jump over the adjusted earnings of the prior-year period. Global revenue increased 13 per cent, generating a 57 per cent increase in operating profit to US$1.4 billion. Forwarding was the most successful business unit with tonnage growth exceeding 30 per cent. However, margin expansion was limited due to capacity constraints in the global airfreight market......WOUNDER WHAT CAUSED THIS?
EVERYTHING IS UP EXCEPT THE AIR SIDE. PARK AIRCRAFT, LAY-OFF PILOTS & MECHANICS & THE AIR SIDE CAN'T KEEP UP!

fr8dog

Aircraft mechanics getting their turkey's back. we even get retro turkey's Finally won a grievence. RIP Gary. Mechanic that fell out of the 757 few month's back..

airbusfxr

Yes Gary's death hits all members hearts. We work in a very dangerous environment and the company's service first, safety second, wears on us all. We do get turkeys, retro turkeys and also the safety awards are reinstated. The 401k match is also nice but not getting a fair days pay for a fair days work is wearing thin. The elections are around the corner, many rumors are running around but it is our chance to take back our union and get a fair contract from a greedy company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We do get turkeys, retro turkeys and also the safety awards are reinstated. The 401k match is also nice but not getting a fair days pay for a fair days work is wearing thin. The elections are around the corner, many rumors are running around but it is our chance to take back our union and get a fair contract from a greedy company.

$43/hour and you want more - greedy seems to be okay in your world.

airbusfxr

43 is 2005 wages. You have received at least 4 raises in the timeframe that I have not. Each work group has wages set and if your not secure in your area move to another.

Obi-Wan

Four years without a contract and the best they can do is get us our turkeys back??? I see a new E-board on the horizon very soon!

brownone

So what is a fair days pay for a fair days work as an Airline Mechanic? Are you not the highest paid in the industry currently? Give me the number that would make you smile.

upssup

This is excellent entertainment. Mechanics that think they should be paid like pilots and doctors. Cannot get any funnier than that. Aircraft mechanics spend half their day complaining. Always have, always will. Fix the planes and quit complaining. I used to think it was wrong to outsource the repairs. You have made a valid point for doing it! I wouldn't want crucial repairs to interfere with your moaning and complaining!

airbusfxr

Why do you care what I make? You are a little sup in the midwest and have no bearing on the big picture. I bet your job could be eliminated and a part time sup could do it without the mistakes and problems you cause. Go union and get 401k match, free health care, pension, turkey, safety awards, and fat pay check, but you provide a service commitment, something you dont.

UPSSOCKS

Why do you care what I make? You are a little sup in the midwest and have no bearing on the big picture. I bet your job could be eliminated and a part time sup could do it without the mistakes and problems you cause. Go union and get 401k match, free health care, pension, turkey, safety awards, and fat pay check, but you provide a service commitment, something you dont.

Yes and the big pictures includes a bunch of whining mechanics. You obviously can't see the big picture if this is all you have to hang on too. You have proven time and time again that you can't see the big picture. Like for the past year you have been talking about some imaginary strike. How's that coming by the way. My personal favorite is how you thought ground would support your strike. Enjoy your turkey, and fix what you can before we outsource it all. Very telling how strong your union is, they go in looking for your raise and bring you back a turkey and a safety award. I have offices full of safety awards. I let the sups take whatever they want, whenever they want. No one cares about a ten dollar turkey either, I'm sure the turkey is worth alot less than your last four raises. Try fighting for something worth while.

upssup

Hey bus boy, I was union UPS, and the fact that a slug, by virtue of the date he backed into a job with UPS is going to have job preference over me? Takes away the desire to do your job. Not for me sorry. Thanks for the offer. As a former B1 mechanic in the AF I am kinda familiar with your job and I am pretty sure I could manage to do it with less complaining and whining.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey bus boy, I was union UPS, and the fact that a slug, by virtue of the date he backed into a job with UPS is going to have job preference over me? Takes away the desire to do your job. Not for me sorry. Thanks for the offer. As a former B1 mechanic in the AF I am kinda familiar with your job and I am pretty sure I could manage to do it with less complaining and whining.

...and for less money?

airbusfxr

I am glad you were a B1 mechanic in the AF, but again this aint the AF and you aint a mechanic here. If fact, you have no idea how UPSCO operates, that includes your buddy upssucks and upstate. You three clowns are just pissed because we get 401k match and are compensated at the going rate. Dont be a hater just stay off the airline thread. We are working to make UPS successful, thus NDA and Int is where all the profits come from.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We all work to make UPS successful.

Maybe you guys should change your slogan to "we get". You seem to use that phrase a lot, as in "we get a 401k match" or "we get $43/hour" or "we get turkeys and safety awards".

I still wonder when we will hear "we got all that we need".

upssup

Bus boy, I did not realize this was "airline only" thread. Kinda like your attitude towards the rest of the UPSers. Not much need for bus mechanics if there isn't anyone loading or unloading them is there? and by the way, the packages I delivered were a little "louder" than yours!

UPSSOCKS

I am glad you were a B1 mechanic in the AF, but again this aint the AF and you aint a mechanic here. If fact, you have no idea how UPSCO operates, that includes your buddy upssucks and upstate. You three clowns are just pissed because we get 401k match and are compensated at the going rate. Dont be a hater just stay off the airline thread. We are working to make UPS successful, thus NDA and Int is where all the profits come from.

The big problem with your point of view is that you don't understand how UPS operates... You are a mechanic... That's all... I make UPS successful by telling your union brothers (that by the way don't support you) what to do. Your 401k match is deserving. When was the last time you got a raise?

You are a interesting character.. In one thread you brag about what you have... In another thread you talk about striking and what you should have.. So I have to ask myself.. Are you really happy.. I think we all know the answer....