Local 2727 update

upssup

Well I did not think I'd go for very long before upssup would become petulant. The point is that you have been informed of some of the difficulties that 2727 is facing. You have been informed of your ignorance of the issues (OBD1 pleeeze). Now you make your informed comments.
Sorry so long to respond. i was out in the field taking care of my mechanics who appreciate what they have and do everything they can to keep UPS going. Sorry they are "only" package and tractor mechanics and not of the relevence of a AMT. Please. At the end of the day your check comes from the same bag mine does. Do not for a minute think you are more important or all knowing, all seeing. Besides I would stack my mechanics against you and yours any day for character and dedication to keeping the packages moving!

oreana123

Sorry so long to respond. i was out in the field taking care of my mechanics who appreciate what they have and do everything they can to keep UPS going. Sorry they are "only" package and tractor mechanics and not of the relevence of a AMT. Please. At the end of the day your check comes from the same bag mine does. Do not for a minute think you are more important or all knowing, all seeing. Besides I would stack my mechanics against you and yours any day for character and dedication to keeping the packages moving!

IF upssocks is in management, I do not believe that "taking care" of anyone besides himself is very high on his list of important tasks. Also, the above statement reflects the very basic management belief in the tactic of divide and conquer. Upssocks's mechanics may have character and dedication, but not due to any thing upssocks has done. Sadly, even the best character with dedication, and even armed with the OBD II, will not be able to fix and dispatch aircraft from UPS Airline gateways.

Again, upssocks is posting where he has no reason to, except to stir the pot. He has no knowledge of the airline industry, and has less of an idea of how to deal with mechanics. Upssocks continues to have his head handed to him every time he posts here. The word "ignorant" comes first to mind when reading his posts.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
IF upssocks is in management, I do not believe that "taking care" of anyone besides himself is very high on his list of important tasks. Also, the above statement reflects the very basic management belief in the tactic of divide and conquer. Upssocks's mechanics may have character and dedication, but not due to any thing upssocks has done. Sadly, even the best character with dedication, and even armed with the OBD II, will not be able to fix and dispatch aircraft from UPS Airline gateways.

Again, upssocks is posting where he has no reason to, except to stir the pot. He has no knowledge of the airline industry, and has less of an idea of how to deal with mechanics. Upssocks continues to have his head handed to him every time he posts here. The word "ignorant" comes first to mind when reading his posts.

This Posting "where you have no reason to stuff" is still bugging me. There are no rules. Anyone can have an opinion.
And they can post anywhere they wish!

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Did you set the rules?

Where is in the TOS???

It's an anonymous forum (except to some, apparently).

Elevate up here.

airbusfxr

We just want a fair contract. NOT one raise since 2005. UPSCO rakes it in and it is time to pay up. The RLA of 1929 took away our strike option that would have forced UPS to settle. People like upssucks and upsstup like to stir the pot with airline people, I bet they wish they made the same as their counterparts in the airgroup. Happy Thanksgiving, who dat says they beat them Saints.

upssup

First off if you are going to blag someone make sure you can atleast read who it is you are blagging. If being an AMT is so technically challenging and you cannot even realize who it is you are slamming, now I AM worried. Yes I am in Management and yes I do take care of my mechanics. They bust their tails day in and day out to keep the tractors, trailers and package cars moving. I realize to you being an AMT and all that that is simpleton work, but again by attitude and willingness to get the job done instead of standing around and complaining, I would stack them against AMT's any time. As far as Divide and Conquer goes, no need for me to worry about that , i think you AMT's have pretty much done enough of that already!

airbusfxr

Your not a great stup like you think you are. I bet your mechanics laugh behind your back because you are an :censored2:. Yes AMTs are simple beings that provide safe, on-time, reliable service to worldwide customers, some mechanics sit in trucks with headsets to dispatch aircraft, some work on boroscopes, some lube, some repair composite, some, well you get the idea. Our jobs are simple to you because you see NDA and Int profits driving the to stock price up, dividends up, and filling the coffers for UPS. The mechanic you love to hate, is the one napping in the truck at 3am but when the #1 IRU craps out, he will troubleshoot the issue to repair, defer, or unload the jet. You never see the guys changing tires, brakes, AP #1, upgrading to CAT3b, etc etc. Our pay scale, benefits, 401k match, free health care, and free turkeys are not given to us, they are earned. Buy you mechanics dinner and drinks after work and see how many show up to honor you stup. Who dat says they gonna beat dem Saints?

Wiggy

Your not a great stup like you think you are. I bet your mechanics laugh behind your back because you are an :censored2:. Yes AMTs are simple beings that provide safe, on-time, reliable service to worldwide customers, some mechanics sit in trucks with headsets to dispatch aircraft, some work on boroscopes, some lube, some repair composite, some, well you get the idea. Our jobs are simple to you because you see NDA and Int profits driving the to stock price up, dividends up, and filling the coffers for UPS. The mechanic you love to hate, is the one napping in the truck at 3am but when the #1 IRU craps out, he will troubleshoot the issue to repair, defer, or unload the jet. You never see the guys changing tires, brakes, AP #1, upgrading to CAT3b, etc etc. Our pay scale, benefits, 401k match, free health care, and free turkeys are not given to us, they are earned. Buy you mechanics dinner and drinks after work and see how many show up to honor you stup. Who dat says they gonna beat dem Saints?

Airbus, why do you even bother lowering yourself to there level? They haven't a clue what it takes to be a good Aviation Maintenance Technician. Our main concern now is not with UPS management but with one of our own. We have fought outsourcing with billboards ,picketing and grievances. Joe is the problem now. We cannot move forward until the sore loser, who could care less for the guys on the street, stops helping the company.
UPS has created the most inefficient airline the world has ever seen. The small number of AMT"s they have do a great job considering what it takes to do your job without some great deal of bull.

oreana123

First off if you are going to blag someone make sure you can atleast read who it is you are blagging. If being an AMT is so technically challenging and you cannot even realize who it is you are slamming, now I AM worried. Yes I am in Management and yes I do take care of my mechanics. They bust their tails day in and day out to keep the tractors, trailers and package cars moving. I realize to you being an AMT and all that that is simpleton work, but again by attitude and willingness to get the job done instead of standing around and complaining, I would stack them against AMT's any time. As far as Divide and Conquer goes, no need for me to worry about that , i think you AMT's have pretty much done enough of that already![/QUOT to discussE]

You just can't seem to realize that no AMT is going to even explain how different our job is! Take your crowing about your mechs to the appropriate forum. This one is about the airline. Now if you wish to discuss the alliance of Teamsters in the upcoming contract negotiations,( and a new contract I believe your mechs will be due for soon), then your points may be valid. UPS management is eventually going to deal with a lot of work groups with no contract. You better be on your knees servicing your mechanics, cause when it comes to money, your stacking anyone against anyone is ignorant.

airbusfxr

UPSSUX and UPSSTUP think that airplanes are just feeders withwings. Both are hated in their hubs and posting here dont win over very many supporters either. Most AMTs have 20 years of UPS dedication and came here with experience from other airlines. If either of these managers knew what really goes on, they would be thanking us for providing service, without a pay raise since 2005. As usual, they are just low level sups, that stir the pot.

airbusfxr

If you go to a home game call the Astor Crowne Plaza on Canal, tell them you want the UPS rate. It is 81 plus tax but the van will pick you up at the hub or airport. If you drive it is 31 a day to park. You can ride the streetcar from Canal to Palmer park at the end of the route. There are always festivals and parties at the park, if not there is a Walgreens there you can get drinks for the ride back to Canal on the streetcar. On game day the van will drop you close to "the Dome" but you will have to stagger back to Canal. After party is at Deanies one block behind hotel, follow the crowd to see and listen to Bobby Hebert and his crew, it is the official after game talk show. The van will carry you out with the crew Monday night to jumpseat or Monday to the airport if you commercial. This is the best venue for a sporting event due to loyal, loud, friendly fans.

UPSSOCKS

First you are addressing me but I didn't post the post you are refering too, but things like that are to be expected from your type. Next where you are wrong is I have plenty of experience in the airline. Mechanics were always a joked about during my air assignment. Other employees laughed and made fun of how lazy they were. To be honest mechanics would joke and kid about how much work they didn't do. Now an economic crisis arises and all those mechanics that laughed about how much they were being paid to watch TV and sit around, aren't laughing anymore. That's the problems with the Teamsters. You guys ruin everything thats good for each other. When you finally do get your raise it won't be retro, and the time you spent with out a raise will be considered a "putting you in your place process." Maybe the new blood will appreciate what they have more than this generation of mechanics.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
If you go to a home game call the Astor Crowne Plaza on Canal, tell them you want the UPS rate. It is 81 plus tax but the van will pick you up at the hub or airport. If you drive it is 31 a day to park. You can ride the streetcar from Canal to Palmer park at the end of the route. There are always festivals and parties at the park, if not there is a Walgreens there you can get drinks for the ride back to Canal on the streetcar. On game day the van will drop you close to "the Dome" but you will have to stagger back to Canal. After party is at Deanies one block behind hotel, follow the crowd to see and listen to Bobby Hebert and his crew, it is the official after game talk show. The van will carry you out with the crew Monday night to jumpseat or Monday to the airport if you commercial. This is the best venue for a sporting event due to loyal, loud, friendly fans.

Damn. Information too late.
I guess I will need to go back, again and again.

Stayed at the Marriott on Canal. Seven nights.
Shuttle to Marriott 20 bucks each from Armstrong.
Walked to the game along Poydras and loved the party in Champion's Square.

Walgreens are a great resource in the Quarter.

I know...sorry y'all..off topic.

airbusfxr

This generation of mechanics have made UPSCO the safest airline ever. This little airline started with a trucking company with deep pockets and they hired airline people to make it happen. This generation turned UPS into a global company, without the airline, who knows what UPS would be today. This generation of mechanics brought know how to a company that didnt know how and made it successful, we only ask to share in the success. Pilots and mechanics didnt just fill out an application and walk up with no experience to make UPS Airline a success, it wasnt luck, it wasnt UPSSUX and UPSSTUP helping out in the air operation.

airbusfxr

And your "big assignment" at the airline was a 3 day training at SDF, drinking all nite, and bragging about your little gateway. You are certified to hook up a tail stand, plug in power and open doors, big deal. I bet your 3 days at SDF you took hundreds of pics of the big ole airplanes and drank way into the night patting each other on the back.

UPSSOCKS

And your "big assignment" at the airline was a 3 day training at SDF, drinking all nite, and bragging about your little gateway. You are certified to hook up a tail stand, plug in power and open doors, big deal. I bet your 3 days at SDF you took hundreds of pics of the big ole airplanes and drank way into the night patting each other on the back.

You got me on this one.....