Local 2727 update

airbusfxr

Let's clear up one thing. Because of the airline's greediness the ground employees will suffer. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Because of int growth the airline brings in the money. Pay up my hero. Crow tastes good?

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSSOCKS

Because of int growth the airline brings in the money. Pay up my hero. Crow tastes good?

Did you ever watch Charlie Wilson's War? There's a part in the movie when Charlie Wilson (Tom Hanks) and his crew are celebrating. Charlie goes outside and Gust tells him a story about a Zen Master. I want to share it with you.

Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

The point I am getting to is you think you have won something, but when the dust settles "We'll see" who comes out on top....

Keep this story in mind.

Lets hope the hearing on 12 February warrants a re-vote of the election and we get Darmento in office.
I don't know why we would give up the checks when we are winning the cases in Arbitration and the courts to keep the work here now.
I am not down with any outsourcing period.
yes it has been a long wait, let's not short change ourselves though.
did anyone see the article on UPS 4th quarter and projection for 2011 in this article?? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/UPS-4th-Quarter-Earnings-iw-4075629863.html?x=0&.v=1

geneva54

Has anyone seen the full tenative agreement yet? Ive been hearing some trash talk already without anyone even knowing the facts. I hope the Combine Darmento Divide does not affect everyones common sense unless we want to become like the Democrats and Republicans.

airbusfxr

Are all laid off mechanics and related reporting back to work? 4th quarter earnings report show me that ups can afford the airline.

Obi-Wan

The topped out mechanics will get a nice raise, while the mechanics with less than 5 years time will get a maximum 83 cent raise, I feel bad for the peasants! Good job negotiating committee.

Obi-Wan

Lets hope the hearing on 12 February warrants a re-vote of the election and we get Darmento in office.
I don't know why we would give up the checks when we are winning the cases in Arbitration and the courts to keep the work here now.
did anyone see the article on UPS 4th quarter and projection for 2011 in this article?? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/UPS-4th-Quarter-Earnings-iw-4075629863.html?x=0&.v=1

Job security is the main concern here, if every laid off member comes back, then the I can see limited outsourcing. If one member gets laid off, then there should be language that the outsourcing stops...plain and simple.

fr8dog

The topped out mechanics will get a nice raise, while the mechanics with less than 5 years time will get a maximum 83 cent raise, I feel bad for the peasants! Good job negotiating committee.

Are there any mechanics with less than 5 years on property?

pipercolt

Why would we want Darmento in after we voted him out last time? From what I have seen so far, Bob has stood his ground on retro and health care. Let's wait and see what the contract entails before "jumping on the Money Train"!

pipercolt

If an AMT has less than five years with the company, then that AMT has been getting yearly raises for the last five years. Now the top AMT's haven't had a raise for the last five years and they have been working under the same contract as long or longer than the most junior AMT's have been with the company! I don't see your point!

Obi-Wan

If an AMT has less than five years with the company, then that AMT has been getting yearly raises for the last five years. Now the top AMT's haven't had a raise for the last five years and they have been working under the same contract as long or longer than the most junior AMT's have been with the company! I don't see your point!

My point is that anyone with less than 5 years will get a max raise of 83 cents, while a topped out mechanic will get a raise of $3.75 at the date the contract is ratified. It should be an even raise for the bottom guys too! Topped out AMT's will get raises every 6 months, while the bottom guys will get raises yearly. Hardly fair when the same job gets done by both topped out AMT's and bottom AMT's ???

Fur-low

My point is that anyone with less than 5 years will get a max raise of 83 cents, while a topped out mechanic will get a raise of $3.75 at the date the contract is ratified. It should be an even raise for the bottom guys too! Topped out AMT's will get raises every 6 months, while the bottom guys will get raises yearly. Hardly fair when the same job gets done by both topped out AMT's and bottom AMT's ???

Thank you. I know you are one of us!

geneva54

After reading the tenative agreement my concern is in Article One Scope.
Im not sure about the meaning with 747 and 767 aircraft and work being performed overseas. They have some sort of formula which I dont understand.

show me a contract that Darmento has not brought back money through out it?? IE wages, pension, vacation,etc. as well as full retro checks in 1996 and 2001. Nothing leads me to believe he can't to it again. I am sorry but Combine has crapped out. I say roll the dice with Darmento,we have nothing to lose. And we really don't know if he was not voted back in this time because of the ballot count that is in question. And after seeing the 4th qtr. and projections for 2011 I want on that money train as well.

Job security is the main concern here, if every laid off member comes back, then the I can see limited outsourcing. If one member gets laid off, then there should be language that the outsourcing stops...plain and simple.
I am not sure I can let myself agree to any form outsourcing at all. I don't know if I want that door cracked cause the company will kicked that door wide open.