Local 728 Election

Hoffa728

Local 728 Members, make sure you get your ballot by Nov 1st and if you don't be sure to call the Hall and get another resent!!!!!

BCFan

I knew you were a smart guy Scratch !!! We really do need to elect Randy...... BC (not best contract):w00t:

TerribleTom

www.membersfirst728.org

I got my ballot today and will help re-elect Randy Brown.:thumbup1:
When our local goes BROKE becuase Randy has hired everyone who supports him and will vote for him then you can blame only yourself for our local being BROKE!!!!!! Speaking of money, remember whats out there about his Secretray Treasurer. Were you even at the October union meeting to see the documents that were read into the record?

TerribleTom

I knew you were a smart guy Scratch !!! We really do need to elect Randy...... BC (not best contract):w00t:
Why would you want to re-elect Randy BC? Look what he has down to us over the last 3 years. Fired 3 of our Brothers but only one of his white business agents. Look at what's on his slate 2 Uncle Toms and a bunch of good ole boys. Our union has come a long way from the 60s but Randy is taking us back to those days and you supoort that?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Terrible Tom, welcome to the Brown Cafe. No, I wasn't at the October Meeting, but I was there today for the Contract Meeting. I still have not mailed either of my two ballots yet.

I have known Randy Brown for over 25 years, he used to be a driver in my Center. No, he is far from perfect, but both of us have been Teamsters longer than Robert Duncan. I don't think that Duncan is that bad, he is just Old Guard while Randy is Reform. I still remember the Weldon and Lamar Mathis days from a long time ago.

The above post I made was in response to Hoffa728 joining this forum and T-Net just to push the Futureteamstersslate. Nothing wrong with that, I was just adding a little balance to the discussion.

steeltoe

When our local goes BROKE becuase Randy has hired everyone who supports him and will vote for him then you can blame only yourself for our local being BROKE!!!!!! Speaking of money, remember whats out there about his Secretray Treasurer. Were you even at the October union meeting to see the documents that were read into the record?

Terrible Tom, how in the world could you say that Randy will run our local broke. Were you at the September meeting when it took over 30 minutes to read in the new member list. In my 18 years as a member of local 728 I have never heard even 1/4 of a new member list as I did that meeting. yes, it did cover the 3 month lay off of meetings, but we have always had the lay off and I still do not remeber such an incredible large list. How do you think we have gotten so many new members? I can tell you how. Randy Brown.

I was at the October meeting as well. What documents are you refering too?

steeltoe

Why would you want to re-elect Randy BC? Look what he has down to us over the last 3 years. Fired 3 of our Brothers but only one of his white business agents. Look at what's on his slate 2 Uncle Toms and a bunch of good ole boys. Our union has come a long way from the 60s but Randy is taking us back to those days and you supoort that?

What has he done other than grow our local? "Fired 3 of our brothers, but only one of his white business agents?" Terrible Tom, you make me sick to my stomach. How dare you claim that Mr. Brown is some sort of racists, and how dare you call 2 people on his slate "Uncle Toms". You sir, are the racists. Yes, I am attacking you. You are an ignorant person. Did you finish the 3rd grade? Are you saying that he fired 3 of your brothers because of the color of their skin? Then why did he fire the white business agent? I can not believe you have the intellegence to run a computer with such attacks. If anyone here proves that they make decisions based on the color of their skin, it is you. To call a person an "Uncle Tom" is also a racists remark. You are a joke.

If you support Robert Duncan. I have no problem with that. From my experience with Robert, he is a good man. I do know that Robert would be appauled to know that you may represent him using race as your weapon of choice.

What has he done over the last 3 years? I'll tell you just a few of the things he has done. He changed the vacation package at the local to where you can not roll over vacations year after year. We are not allowed to roll them over at UPS, why should our leaders at the local be able to roll them over. This is a positive. In addition, he lowered the Salary of the president. How is this not a good thing for our local? He ran on growing the local, and lowering salaries. Which of these 2 promises has he not kept?

amclain

you are not calling Tim an Uncle Tom are you? Because was observed at the Forest Park Bldg in small sorts performing work that a UPS employee should be covering.

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
you are not calling Tim an Uncle Tom are you? Because was observed at the Forest Park Bldg in small sorts performing work that a UPS employee should be covering.
amclain, you are responding to a post that is almost three years old. I work in that building. Its election time again for Local 728.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So who won the original election in 07.

Randy Brown was re-elected by a narrow margin, Reform type of Slate and anti-Hoffa. He used to drive a P500 in my Center and his brother used to do my taxes. It seems like the Business Agents have been more active under his leadership and I think the Local's membership has actually grown. He did cut his own salary, which is in stark contrast to when I joined in the late 70's. Weldon Mathis was drawing four different salaries and pensions from what I have heard. No more Lincoln Town Cars in the parking lot either.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The slate that received the most votes.

Not necessarily the case Mr Know It All.
Sometimes a slate doesn't carry enough votes to carry in all of their candidates.
Several years ago our election put into office several candidates from three seperate slates.
I'll admit, that was clever though.
If your in junior high.