Local Tax.

Wilsonbc

Does anyone live / work in Ohio have their local taxes deducted directly from their pay? RITA tax.

I was told by 5 different people that UPS doesn’t deal with RITA.

FozziesDeliveries

I work in and live in ohio. I was asking about the company holding my local taxes from my paycheck at the beginning of last year (22) and was told by a number of people that the company won't do it. The city i live in uses rita for the taxes. I just put money aside every paycheck in a savings account for taxes at the end of the year.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Does anyone live / work in Ohio have their local taxes deducted directly from their pay? RITA tax.

I was told by 5 different people that UPS doesn’t deal with RITA.

I live in Ohio... have to pay a village tax of 1 percent to RITA .. we pay quarterly..

UPS does not deduct weekly RITA taxes...

oldngray

nowhere special
In Columbus the city put the squeeze on UPS to collect the 2% tax from everyone even though the building was outside the city on the premise the drivers spent most of their day working in the city. Didn't matter whether you lived in the city or never spent any part of the day in the city. You had to wait until the end of the year then fight to get your money back.

Returntosender

2C6B6038-A5AF-4F26-B321-21497EF346D3.png

Manifesto

UPS does not deduct RITA taxes for the village I live in in Ohio. It does however take out a city tax for the city my building is located in. I just have to go to the tax department of that city every year to get a refund on about 95% of that money because the only time I spend inside city limits working is when I'm at the building.

FozziesDeliveries

Screenshot_20230104_074615_Chrome.jpg

My city used to do their taxes themselves until a few years ago they joined rita instead and rita handles it. You get mail from rita to alert you to estimates and payments through the year, you can do your payments online. I personally like it better. I would imagine for a bigger town/smaller city its easier to deal with.