December 2022 Vacation Issues

WillcontactA$AP

We are able to take vacation in the last week of December in our center. December 2022 I took that week. Payroll screwed up and paid us an extra week for some reason. My boss came to us and told us we would have to repay the extra paid vacation week. They also took away away one vacation from 2023 and said once we pay the full amount back, we would receive our vacation back. Not sure how that works considering it is two separate years and their screw up. We have to pay the full amount back including taxes. I obviously never received the taxes. The amount I was supposed to pay back was $1314 (amount excluding taxes). They currently take $100 from each paycheck. I am now up to $1600 on the way to pay the “full” amount of $1867 (45 hrs). Is anyone else in this same boat? Also I want to file a grievance, but what article am I citing? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Thebrownblob

We are able to take vacation in the last week of December in our center. December 2022 I took that week. Payroll screwed up and paid us an extra week for some reason. My boss came to us and told us we would have to repay the extra paid vacation week. They also took away away one vacation from 2023 and said once we pay the full amount back, we would receive our vacation back. Not sure how that works considering it is two separate years and their screw up. We have to pay the full amount back including taxes. I obviously never received the taxes. The amount I was supposed to pay back was $1314 (amount excluding taxes). They currently take $100 from each paycheck. I am now up to $1600 on the way to pay the “full” amount of $1867 (45 hrs). Is anyone else in this same boat? Also I want to file a grievance, but what article am I citing? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
December 2022? So they paid you too many weeks? If you feel this is an error article 17.

Thanks
If they paid you too much, why would you suggest they don't ask for it back? Unless you told them in writing and they didn't act in the appropriate time frame, you owe them.

BobJ

Happened to me a few years back.

Payroll paid out an extra week at the end of the year, then later fixed it by taking away a banked future Vacation.

Just told the manager I'm keeping the money and will schedule an unpaid vacation later. He was happy he didn't have to do anything else to fix the issue.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There is no time limit on paycheck issues. They can still make you pay it back!

It depends on what you supplement says under "Maintenance of Standards".

Central Region:

"It is agreed that the provisions of this Section shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the Employer or the Union in applying the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such error is corrected within ninety (90) days from the date of error."