Local Union #710

Ron Carey lives on

Slow and deadlocked because the panels are full of cowards whose bread is buttered by the company. Bojangles is the kind of **** that will cross a picket line because a corporate lawyer said. You are sad

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator:

scisector9

Hate to be selfish but what does it mean for 710 now that they rammed the national through on the last few holdouts?

My steward told me he hoped L89 would get a better deal and that in turn would give us a stronger hand in negotiations. Well 89 got screwed so what's your thoughts or insights as to where we go from here?

My first contract at brown so I'm just trying to wrap my head around it all. Here's to hoping we can get a better deal and more concessions than our brothers in Louisville.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

My thoughts have been that it was going to be the same contract for the second vote. Pat said at the monthly meeting after the no vote we turned away a great contract that he helped negotiate.

I think the reality of it is we will be forced this pile like everyone else because the "old guard" is only interested in themselves and their mortality. If it was about the democratic process the 3 remaining locals would have been allowed to rectify their personal supplements.

Re-Raise

My thoughts have been that it was going to be the same contract for the second vote. Pat said at the monthly meeting after the no vote we turned away a great contract that he helped negotiate.

I think the reality of it is we will be forced this pile like everyone else because the "old guard" is only interested in themselves and their mortality. If it was about the democratic process the 3 remaining locals would have been allowed to rectify their personal supplements.

Well Pat made it pretty clear to us that we were getting Teamcare,so that seems to be off the table.

Another problem for a lot of us was the fact that our pension benefits haven't gone up when UPS contributions to the pension have gone up. Not going to change anytime soon I guess, and not really even a contract issue.

Another problem was the amount that retirees have to pay for insurance is supposed to increase.

Do you see anything improving in the next offer we vote on?

710 steward

The meeting is today at 11. Get ready my friends. This is going to be the blame Hoffa and Hall show with Pat Flynn as your host. Don't buy in my fellow members. They had every opportunity to implement the 72 hour strike notice to accelerate talks but walked away. It's just a guess, but my hunch is Pat Already Knew What Was Up Hoffa's sleeve and used the opportunity to play the blame game. Hoffa doesn't care because he is a lame duck and won't run is 16. Stay strong and stay focused my friends. This isn't just about Teamcare, it's about 9.5 language, it's about progression, it's about part timers still at a wage almost at minimum wage.

710 steward

Nothing to report. Pat talked for about 10 minutes about the reason behind Hoffa forcing the national to be ratified. Supposedly he wanted a cooling if period with UPS but I don't really believe that. I think these plans in the works for quite some time between 710 and the national but that is only my opinion.

Inthegame

Nothing to report. Pat talked for about 10 minutes about the reason behind Hoffa forcing the national to be ratified. Supposedly he wanted a cooling if period with UPS but I don't really believe that. I think these plans in the works for quite some time between 710 and the national but that is only my opinion.
Well that clears that up, I thought you might actually know something but that's just my opinion. So what do you believe and did you speak up with all your concerns at the meeting? I didn't think so. Much easier to blast away from the safety of your anonymous keyboard. But sooner or later you'll actually have to speak publicly if you want to lead.

710 steward

Oh I did say something my friend. The difference being is I went right to the source just like I did last meeting. Standing in front of the mic and getting into a pissing match at the meeting would be foolish. Showing division in this process isn't a good move my friend. You are so full of knowledge I thought you would realize that. If it makes you feel better I have in fact told Pat, my BA, and members of the negotiating team my thoughts and opinions. I know you think people don't have the courage to do so but only speak for yourself and your weaknesses.

slantnosechevy

Oh I did say something my friend. The difference being is I went right to the source just like I did last meeting. Standing in front of the mic and getting into a pissing match at the meeting would be foolish. Showing division in this process isn't a good move my friend. You are so full of knowledge I thought you would realize that. If it makes you feel better I have in fact told Pat, my BA, and members of the negotiating team my thoughts and opinions. I know you think people don't have the courage to do so but only speak for yourself and your weaknesses.

Wow, that's really sticking your neck out. Especially after most rank and file members already did that face to face when Pat visited the buildings after the vote count. Yes Chuckie you really are on top of your game. Sandy "the dope" is looking for a few good men like yourself.