Local UPS driver recognized for safe driving

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Local UPS driver recognized for safe driving - Central Oklahoma Weeklies

Rick Henthorn needed a part-time job to help pay for college when a friend suggested he try working for UPS.

Henthorn, who lives in the Mustang area, joined UPS in 1979, and has been driving since 1984.

He achieved 35 years driving accident free for UPS in July, and now teaches new drivers as a Comprehensive Health & Safety Co-chair at UPS in addition to his driving.

Henthorn has been on the same route for years, covering 400 miles a week in all kinds of traffic and weather.

“My co-workers and my customers make the job rewarding,” he said. “It’s a physically and mentally demanding job that gives you lifelong friendships.”

Local UPS driver recognized for safe driving - Central Oklahoma Weeklies

Rick Henthorn needed a part-time job to help pay for college when a friend suggested he try working for UPS.

Henthorn, who lives in the Mustang area, joined UPS in 1979, and has been driving since 1984.

He achieved 35 years driving accident free for UPS in July, and now teaches new drivers as a Comprehensive Health & Safety Co-chair at UPS in addition to his driving.

Henthorn has been on the same route for years, covering 400 miles a week in all kinds of traffic and weather.

“My co-workers and my customers make the job rewarding,” he said. “It’s a physically and mentally demanding job that gives you lifelong friendships.”
I bet he never broke a mirror on a tree branch....