lol plastic trucks

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Look at the bright side, if you break down in the winter on a rural route you could light the truck on fire. Then you could stay warm until someone saw the smoke and fire to come save you. Have you ever tried to start aluminum on fire.

W

want to retire

You guys didn't read about the "reusable""green" bags causing the sickness for an entire soccer team? Seems the soccer Mom used the bags to carry bloody meat and such and also the cookies for the soccer team!.......without laundering them......in between..........salmonella........yuck.

HomeDelivery

i'd like to try them out... but HD contractors say they're too expensive & not worth it yet...

Express division also purchased a few of these stepvans, but I don't hear anything about it on the Fedex section of this site

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that UPS has tested these in severe conditions. Years ago RPS trucks were FRP, fiberglass reinforced plastic. I can only guess the technology has gotten infinitely better since then. And what if the plastic is "molded in color" like models? Those scratches are easily "buffed out" with the "paint" literally the thickness of the body panel.

My pickup (2011 Tacoma) has a composite bed, not a liner, but the entire inner bed. Toyota has been building these since 2005 with no problems. Why not a package car body?