Long Hair question?????

xmortumx

Well today is my interview(package Handler), but i have another question... Do they care if you have long hair ??

I have long hair(up to my lower back) but i always have it tied back. Will that be fine??

jchimienti

my hair isnt as long as yours but mine is about 6 inches and nobody has ever said anything to me about it even tho im just a package handler

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
IT becomes a safety issue. Long hair can get caught in equipment.

As far as keeping it up, as long as you keep it under a hat, you can have as long a hair style as you can stand during the summer. And that goes for drivers as well. Keep it up under the UPS issue hat, and they might fuss, but that is all you have to do.

But for the life of me I dont understand why. Its hottern heck.

d

Many hubs don't care how long your hair is. If you go driving you must tie it up and put in a hat, or simply cut it. If you become a spokesperson in a UPS commercial you can grow it back.:laughing:

drewed

Shankman
According to who? Or is that just a suggestion? We have alot of guys with dreads past their shoulders at my hub, no one says a thing.

its a good rule of thumb, it can get caught in free movement if youre using proper methods and can always get caught in equipment

rod

Retired 22 years
Many hubs don't care how long your hair is. If you go driving you must tie it up and put in a hat, or simply cut it. If you become a spokesperson in a UPS commercial you can grow it back.:laughing:

:happy-very: How right you are

U

Ups Man

Hell, what are you worried about? they let that long haired dude do their white board commercials on national TV and their web site as well.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor

That just cracked me up!!! LMAO! Good one! :funny:

Cementups

Box Monkey

We had a guy who used to keep his long hair in his hat and once management found out how long it was they gave him two options....cut it or resign. He no longer works for UPS.

myback

he didn't know he was getting screwed. that was the policy before, but it has been challenged and now there are longhair drivers out there. that doesn't mean sups wont give u a hard time but if your kicking-but they probably wont care about it. unless the mgr wife left him for some longhair in a band.