long lasting shoes/sneakers

union4life

The best overall shoe I have found is the [h=1]Worx Men's 5411[/h]It is a Redwing product. I usually replace at 8-9 months but have gone as long as 12-13 months. I think Zappos as the best price but a quick check on the web will net you the best price.

TheKid

New Balance reps. come to our building every year and give us discounts. They also pick some drivers to 'wear test' shoes. Those drivers get free shoes.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The best overall shoe I have found is the [h=1]Worx Men's 5411[/h]It is a Redwing product. I usually replace at 8-9 months but have gone as long as 12-13 months. I think Zappos as the best price but a quick check on the web will net you the best price.
Can they be resoled?

union4life

Originally Posted by union4life
The best overall shoe I have found is the Worx Men's 5411

It is a Redwing product. I usually replace at 8-9 months but have gone as long as 12-13 months. I think Zappos as the best price but a quick check on the web will net you the best price.
Can they be resoled?
To my knowledge the Worx shoes can not be resoled. However, I buy mine at my local Redwing store and they honor a 1 year warranty on the soles. I have exchanged 2 of my pairs over the years for minor sole problems and it is always a "no questions asked" transaction.

curiousbrain

After going through 2 pairs of cheap chinese made work shoes in 1 year, I bought a pair of Brahma boots (steel toe) 2 months ago (35.00). They are providing comfort and strength. I work in an air hub on those roller floors with a non slip sandpaper surface. The Brahmas are holding up well. I drag air 4,000 pound containers to the verti-lift and up to the air dock. Also sort off a belt into an air can on the sandpaper platform. The Brahmas also provide traction on a wet cement surface. The car washers are working at night and there are many wet areas I have to watch out for. With the previous cheap boots it felt like I was walking on ice.

I agree - most people laugh when I say I wear Brahma boots, but I bought them when I started last peak, and have worn them every single day between then and now; I even hiked up a 7,000 foot mountain with them, and got rained on while I was up there for two days, so they were completely soaked. They still are in one piece; the only thing I did do was put in a new insert about two months ago, and now they are more comfortable than ever.

For $35.00, I'll take it.

For reference, I used them during Preload for pretty much that whole time.

brownelf

I've been wearing New Balance MW955 shoes the last few years, get a new pair every year just before the snow starts to fly so I have good footing when I need it most. They're gore-tex and a bit pricey ($120) and come in 2 and 4E widths for those of us with wide feet. Luv them..

Borderline 9.5

I haven't found a comfortable light weight shoe for the summer yet. The last pair of $100 Red Wing oxfords lasted 2 months and the replacement pair lasted less than that. I know this is a thread long lasting shoes but don't waste your money on these. It's a shame because the rest of the shoe is perfect, the hole in the bottom is the problem. i'll take a look at some of the suggestions mentioned thanks.

HBGPreloader

Being on my feet non-stop for 12 to 18 hours a day, I have gone through countless pairs of shoes. Fortunately, I discovered Merrell jungle moc at the local sporting goods store and put them to the test. They are the most durable and comfortable work shoe I have come across. And, at about $65 the last time I bought a pair, I think they're a great investment. I'm on my 3rd pair in 7+ years, including 4 years on preload. I've tried their other shoes/boots thinking they would do as well, but not so much. The only drawbacks to these shoes is they are not steel toe and offer no ankle support or protection. Now if I could only find a pair of gloves that are this durable, I would be set.

old levi's

blank space
I'm thinking you could get 2 or 3 years of sole life out of these but the drawback would be a really sore head.

platform shoes.jpg
platform shoes.jpg