Long-term disability: taxable or no?

SLW

I know when buying LTD insurance on your own, you have the option to choose pre or post-tax. For our LTD, is the $800max disability payment before or after taxes?

Not relevant to me right now but I've been curious about this for a minute since I don't qualify to buy supplemental LTD insurance on my own.

I know when buying LTD insurance on your own, you have the option to choose pre or post-tax. For our LTD, is the $800max disability payment before or after taxes?

Not relevant to me right now but I've been curious about this for a minute since I don't qualify to buy supplemental LTD insurance on my own.
Long-term disability insurance is taxable if it is paid for by your employer

Thanks! Most of our benefits are far better than elsewhere, but that this is one bennie that's actually worse than anywhere I've worked. Pretty surprising.
He could buy a private plan and if you take a deferred payment saying after 30 days of being off of work and should not be that expensive

SLW

He could buy a private plan and if you take a deferred payment saying after 30 days of being off of work and should not be that expensive
Everyone should do that asap. Unfortunately, I personally don't qualify for supplemental LTD.

ot but we really should've bumped up the LTD language in the contract. A max of like $2500/mo isn't a lot now, and god knows what that'll be worth in 2027. Recommended it in the proposal meetings but little interest.

Everyone should do that asap. Unfortunately, I personally don't qualify for supplemental LTD.

ot but we really should've bumped up the LTD language in the contract. A max of like $2500/mo isn't a lot now, and god knows what that'll be worth in 2027. Recommended it in the proposal meetings but little interest.
Well keep your emergency fund to date just in case

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We just got a nice raise maybe now people can start one
Thanks Suze
1696998661143.jpeg