Looking for some feedback on FedexOffice

Oldfart

I pup a Kinkos and I gotta say, the customers that go in there are already expecting a hard time. Just like going to the dmv, people are already :censored2: off and it shows. Lots of turnover.

They do way more printing work than shipping. I'd say they do 90% printing work and only 10% shipping. I also deliver to a UPS store. Those guys rock. They stick around a lot longer too. And, they do 90% shipping work and 10% everything else.
If I am not mistaken, the UPS Stores are individually owned. The people you deal with there very well might be the owner or a family member. The UPS Store on my route is not much more than a PO Box store. Lots of boxes with packages coming and going. No type of technology for customer use. The Fedex Office store is full of printers, computers and other items for customer use. These items stay pretty busy from what I see. I am not sure Office will ever amount to more than a glorified BSC and will probably never grow to what was envisioned when we over paid for it. It fills a niche with a certain group of customers, there just might not be enough of those customers.

Express Courier

I pickup at our local UPS Store and the only time I will wait is if they have prepaid packages that just need to be scanned.
I would usually wait if someone was in the middle of being processed at the counter and wasn't doing something stupid like shipping international. And the counter people would always say he has to go at this time. And that's when I'd say I can wait for this ONE if I could tell it was going to be quick.

I mean how much of a dick move would it be to say sorry and leave and then have them done 20 seconds later. Guess they better follow me to the station huh lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I am not mistaken, the UPS Stores are individually owned. The people you deal with there very well might be the owner or a family member. The UPS Store on my route is not much more than a PO Box store. Lots of boxes with packages coming and going. No type of technology for customer use. The Fedex Office store is full of printers, computers and other items for customer use. These items stay pretty busy from what I see. I am not sure Office will ever amount to more than a glorified BSC and will probably never grow to what was envisioned when we over paid for it. It fills a niche with a certain group of customers, there just might not be enough of those customers.

Our local UPS Store is much more than just a place to drop off packages. They offer printing services and they create banners.

I would usually wait if someone was in the middle of being processed at the counter and wasn't doing something stupid like shipping international. And the counter people would always say he has to go at this time. And that's when I'd say I can wait for this ONE if I could tell it was going to be quick.

I mean how much of a dick move would it be to say sorry and leave and then have them done 20 seconds later. Guess they better follow me to the station huh lol.

It depends upon the situation and the time of year. If I am all done and there is someone who is trying to ship something out and they are almost done I will usually wait. If the customer is a being a dick about it I will thank the staff and tell them that I will see them tomorrow.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
After p&d at all but one Fdx-O and p&d 2 airport depots in my metro area, I think I'd rather find a home vasectomy kit, let it rust and die of tetanus and gangrene than work there.

SmithBarney

Every Employee at FXOffice is an Assistant Manager, you are Assisting the manager get their bonus.

I was at one the other day, and I can't believe the guys there, a poor girl wants to print a picture off her phone...
Solution #1: Use our in store computer $0.45/minute to use, you can email the picture to yourself, and then print it and pay whatever that costs.
Solution #2: Email it to the store, and we'll print it with a "processing fee"
Solution #3: Go home and log onto the website, edit your picture and then come back WTF.

How hard is it it to be like Walgreens or Walmart and say here is a FREE Kiosk(with USB wires/card slots) edit the picture however you want, print, and pay for the print. And watching these guys work is incredibly painful...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every Employee at FXOffice is an Assistant Manager, you are Assisting the manager get their bonus.

I was at one the other day, and I can't believe the guys there, a poor girl wants to print a picture off her phone...
Solution #1: Use our in store computer $0.45/minute to use, you can email the picture to yourself, and then print it and pay whatever that costs.
Solution #2: Email it to the store, and we'll print it with a "processing fee"
Solution #3: Go home and log onto the website, edit your picture and then come back WTF.

How hard is it it to be like Walgreens or Walmart and say here is a FREE Kiosk(with USB wires/card slots) edit the picture however you want, print, and pay for the print. And watching these guys work is incredibly painful...

I upload my pictures to Walgreens, use their 40% off coupons and they are ready in about an hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Surprisingly, I don't use them but my wife does.

I will search on Google for coupon codes before placing any non-Amazon online order or before going out to eat at a national chain restaurant.

My daughter likes to send me pictures of the kids and I will chose the ones that I like to upload and have printed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will search on Google for coupon codes before placing any non-Amazon online order or before going out to eat at a national chain restaurant.

My daughter likes to send me pictures of the kids and I will chose the ones that I like to upload and have printed.
I was being funny ... or trying.
My prints are 11x14 or 20x30 or an occasional larger print.
I print most my self but if I want a special paper or canvas or metallic, I use a high-quality printer at my friends store. He is good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$_35.JPG

This is my printer. While it does a good job of printing pictures, it goes through a LOT of ink.

oldngray

nowhere special
My printer uses 10 color ink cartridges and 4 shades of black/gray.
It even has a white ink cartridge.
Unfortunately, it only prints up to 14 inch widths.

I used to have a photo printer (not as fancy as yours) but it wasn't worth the extra cost because I almost always am just printing text documents. If I want pictures I will just go someplace and have it printed there.

Doc Sorting Dude

Problem with FDXO is that they just can't seem to close out at 1600. Pup is 1600 not 1605 or 1615 or until everyone in line is serviced. Always late out of there and trying to ignore people coming in with last minute packages.

Doc Sorting Dude

Yeah, West Coast. Mem plane leaves at 1800. Not much room to be waiting around. Years ago it was 1530 then 1545 now 1600. The FXO managers want the latest pick up possible. Hope they don't try to push it further.