Looking for some feedback on FedexOffice

LolaBlue

I don't know if this is the best place for this question, but I've been unable to find any other communities/forums to ask. I recently applied for a position as Assistant Manager of a FedexOffice Print and Ship Center near me and am going in for my interview next week. My initial "interview/pre-screen" was with a recruiter over the phone and I am meeting with the District Manager next, at the FedexOffice I applied to work at. Can anyone who holds the same position tell me more what to expect on the job? I've done a fair amount of research and the more critical feedback seems to be geared towards the specific center, employees, DM, etc that particular person works for/with, not about Fedex itself. The recruiter said it sounds like I may be overqualified for this position (which may be true based on my background, experience and education) but for various reasons it sounds like a position I am looking for (I live literally less than 5 minutes from the store, I want a position with variety every day rather than being stuck in an office, among other things) So, anyone work at a Fedex Office or can point me towards another place I might find some answers at?

LolaBlue

Thanks though it's pretty doubtful HR would tell me the good, the bad and the ugly in regards to the position. I don't know any employees but I'll keep researching online.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't know if this is the best place for this question, but I've been unable to find any other communities/forums to ask. I recently applied for a position as Assistant Manager of a FedexOffice Print and Ship Center near me and am going in for my interview next week. My initial "interview/pre-screen" was with a recruiter over the phone and I am meeting with the District Manager next, at the FedexOffice I applied to work at. Can anyone who holds the same position tell me more what to expect on the job? I've done a fair amount of research and the more critical feedback seems to be geared towards the specific center, employees, DM, etc that particular person works for/with, not about Fedex itself. The recruiter said it sounds like I may be overqualified for this position (which may be true based on my background, experience and education) but for various reasons it sounds like a position I am looking for (I live literally less than 5 minutes from the store, I want a position with variety every day rather than being stuck in an office, among other things) So, anyone work at a Fedex Office or can point me towards another place I might find some answers at?

I haven't seen anybody stick around Office for more than a few months, and the "Assistant Manager" title is most likely a glorified name for being a clerk. If you are overqualified, please look elsewhere. FedEx won't appreciate anything you do, no matter how outstanding.

Your reward for hard work at FedEx is simply more hard work.

Oldfart

Best advice I can give is to NOT listen to bitter filled people on here. They hate life and everything in it. I dont know what Office pays or what your being over qualified entails but if it suits your needs and schedule, only you can make that call. I deal with 2 Office locations daily and they have some turnover but some employees have been there a while. The work is dealing with customers and helping with the in store technology. Go interview and see what happens and if you feel like it is for you, give it a shot. If not, you can always say no.

The people on here that say you dont want to work at Fedex WORK at Fedex. Why they work there and tell others not to us a mystery.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Best advice I can give is to NOT listen to bitter filled people on here. They hate life and everything in it. I dont know what Office pays or what your being over qualified entails but if it suits your needs and schedule, only you can make that call. I deal with 2 Office locations daily and they have some turnover but some employees have been there a while. The work is dealing with customers and helping with the in store technology. Go interview and see what happens and if you feel like it is for you, give it a shot. If not, you can always say no.

The people on here that say you dont want to work at Fedex WORK at Fedex. Why they work there and tell others not to us a mystery.

Best advice I can give is not to listen to the old Kool-Aid filled employees like oldfart who still think it's 1982.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Who is the orange-haired person in your avatar? Is that Donald J. Trumpski, pee-pee boy for Vladimir Putin?

Oldfart

Best advice I can give is not to listen to the old Kool-Aid filled employees like oldfart who still think it's 1982.
Once again you tell people NOT to work at Fedex. Yet YOU still scan that ID every morning. You hate this job and everything about it yet you keep working there. Makes you a total tool.

Oldfart

Who is the orange-haired person in your avatar? Is that Donald J. Trumpski, pee-pee boy for Vladimir Putin?
He beat that old bieach you supported. Must suck. YOU are a loser and Hillary is a loser. You just can't catch a break. You have 2 college degrees and you under achieved and work at a job you hate all these years. Kinda sounds like you wasted your time going to college. Bummer

Express Courier

I picked up and delivered daily to two different FedEx Office's for several years and it did not look fun at all to me. However, There was a core group at both places that were there the entire time and they seemed friendly enough. Just did not look fun to me.

:censored2: that reminds me how much I hated doing the pups there. Customers always asking you to pleeeeease wait for meeee. Then you do that and another customer behind them starts making sad eyes at you lol :censored2: that :censored2:. I learned quick to just never make eye contact with customers in there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I picked up and delivered daily to two different FedEx Office's for several years and it did not look fun at all to me. However, There was a core group at both places that were there the entire time and they seemed friendly enough. Just did not look fun to me.

:censored2: that reminds me how much I hated doing the pups there. Customers always asking you to pleeeeease wait for meeee. Then you do that and another customer behind them starts making sad eyes at you lol :censored2: that :censored2:. I learned quick to just never make eye contact with customers in there.

I pickup at our local UPS Store and the only time I will wait is if they have prepaid packages that just need to be scanned.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I pup a Kinkos and I gotta say, the customers that go in there are already expecting a hard time. Just like going to the dmv, people are already pissed off and it shows. Lots of turnover.

They do way more printing work than shipping. I'd say they do 90% printing work and only 10% shipping. I also deliver to a UPS store. Those guys rock. They stick around a lot longer too. And, they do 90% shipping work and 10% everything else.