Lost item process question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteinHorn

Hi and thanks for reading my post.

I filed a package lost claim in July. After about a week UPS updated the tracking number to say /claim issued. That day they asked me for documents. I haven't heard back since. The day I gave them the documents was July 19.

How long does this usually take? Are they still trying to locate the item? Does this mean my claim was approved?

SteinHorn

I'm the shipper. It was a $156 item. A water carbonator.

We used a third party shipping site for a discount so they deal directly with UPS and ask me for the info. goorooship.ca

upschuck

I'm the shipper. It was a $156 item. A water carbonator.

We used a third party shipping site for a discount so they deal directly with UPS and ask me for the info. goorooship.ca
Actually the third party shipping site would get the refund, since they are the ones that we contracted with to ship that package.

over9five

Staff member

I filed a package lost claim in July. After about a week UPS updated the tracking number to say /claim issued. That day they asked me for documents. I haven't heard back since. The day I gave them the documents was July 19.

How long does this usually take? Are they still trying to locate the item? Does this mean my claim was approved?

Moderators note: OP, please remember this site is not sponsored by UPS.

542thruNthru

This site is not sponsored by UPS any and all info you may receive is just opinion.

With that said though...

I happen to know the head of the UPS claims department. Her name is Jenny. Call 1800-867-5309 ext. 555

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes labels fall off packages, labels get damaged and unreadable, or boxes come open during the sorting operations. We call these packages Overgoods and if we can't figure out where the contents go whoever shipped the package needs to file the claim. I don't know about third party claims, I'm just explaining what went wrong. Once a claim is filed, UPS will try to prove the delivery was made and will pay up to $100 if no extra insurance was taken out.

SteinHorn

Sometimes labels fall off packages, labels get damaged and unreadable, or boxes come open during the sorting operations. We call these packages Overgoods and if we can't figure out where the contents go whoever shipped the package needs to file the claim. I don't know about third party claims, I'm just explaining what went wrong. Once a claim is filed, UPS will try to prove the delivery was made and will pay up to $100 if no extra insurance was taken out.

Claim was filed already. Tracking number says "claim issued" and UPS asked for supporting documents July 19th. Haven't heard back since. If they asked for documents does that mean the claim was approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.