Lost position

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would keep an eye on the Bid Board and sign any list posted. If you win the job and don't want it, you can always turn it down.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I dont get it
The original poster lost her two-year job to somebody with more seniority, she is now floating around. I don't know if they even allow seniority in some Sorts. In my building, you could bid on a specialized part-time position, but just not any job on a Sort. Exceptions were things like Sorters, Car Wash, and Shifters.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The original poster lost her two-year job to somebody with more seniority, she is now floating around. I don't know if they even allow seniority in some Sorts. In my building, you could bid on a specialized part-time position, but just not any job on a Sort. Exceptions were things like Sorters, Car Wash, and Shifters.
No i understood that part, the job function i did not

polyp

That would be the individual whom watches the belt for 3 to 5 hrs and break jams as needed to keep the conveyor belt moving. That's not a Bid job, or a preferred position such as sorter, irreg driver, pick off etc etc

Unless they are in an automated hub. In which case they are babysiting the singulator and setting the flow up for the scan tunnels. It is a fair amount of work and is a bid position in our hub.

Ldyscorpio

Look for a position to bump on.
That would be the individual whom watches the belt for 3 to 5 hrs and break jams as needed to keep the conveyor belt moving. That's not a Bid job, or a preferred position such as sorter, irreg driver, pick off etc etc
Exactly that's what I was told it's not a Bid job so I'm hoping to get it back. I'm 53 years old and pushing those metal carts full of packages aline is breaking me. When I told my supervisor I can't do it alone he said everyone else does. I ts gonna be worse for peak.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yea he's from another area then me. But no one seems to know where the tender falls into place.
You are creating issue where there is none.

Who cares where ol boy came from...

Who cares about your age...

Who cares about yada yada yada and blah blah blah...

They took a position from you? Great.

Go find somewhere to sit down and read a book til they figure it out.

317Bz4sNS+L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Exactly that's what I was told it's not a Bid job so I'm hoping to get it back. I'm 53 years old and pushing those metal carts full of packages aline is breaking me. When I told my supervisor I can't do it alone he said everyone else does. I ts gonna be worse for peak.
If you want the same pay as the boys you better be able to do the same job as the boys

Ldyscorpio

Whatever I thought this was a discussion group . I just needed some opinions on the matter .
Yours sucks and I'm not trying to cause trouble. My issue has resolved thanks to the shop Stewart and union reps who are doing their job in making sure things are done right.
So u go read a book