LTIP for the CEO, COO & CFO

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
MIP was not discontinued in 2008.

401K match was not incentive compensation.

Any changes in 401k, or MIP affected everyone.

When the elimination of raises, DESPP, and 401k match were discontinued, it was explained why MIP, Stock Options, and LTIP were not changed. Those three are incentive plans.

P-Man

I'm sorry.
I misspoke as I'm not fluent in the many acronyms of UPS.
I am however familiar with many management personnel that feel they have lost their "incentive" due to a reduction in their "compensation".
Did this explanation include why Scott Davis got their stock instead of them?
My On Car claims that I'm making more than he is this year.
He seems to think, and constantly tells me, that my incentive to excell, is so I can keep my job that I'm lucky to have.

What do you think about that.....Scott??

BILLYB

Look at all these nice acronyms for all these great plans that only MGT can participate in! I have a college degree in SCIENCE but have no idea what you clowns are talking about - nor do I care! This company has been top heavy for all 21 years I have been here! We had a part-time Sup for 2 people who knew their jobs very well. The PTS got promoted - how wonderful! With all the electronic spyware we have on car now I fail to understand why we still have On Car Supes, much less Center MGRS! I always said " This bldg can run without them." MGT STOP PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK - YOU PRODUCE NOTHING!!! Get out of the way and let people do their jobs! Cut all bonuses and all mgt incentive plans immediately to reflect this crappy economy! Earn your money by working on the clock - not off my back!!

randomUPSISer

I personally do not feel as valued as I felt 20 years ago. Many of my colleagues feel the same way. Regardless of the cards, thank you's, etc. I work for $$, not for canned corporate thank you campaigns.
I also do not recognize the value that Scott brought between taking the position and his increase. It's been stated before, but the timing was terrible and I count it as just more more thing that I've seen in the over 22 years that I've been in management that disappoints me.

I figured you were an aircraft maint guy, not management.

I agree with you 100% though in this instance either way. In fact, I might even be one of your "colleagues" who feel that way. ;)

tieguy

Banned
Look at all these nice acronyms for all these great plans that only MGT can participate in! I have a college degree in SCIENCE but have no idea what you clowns are talking about - nor do I care! This company has been top heavy for all 21 years I have been here! We had a part-time Sup for 2 people who knew their jobs very well. The PTS got promoted - how wonderful! With all the electronic spyware we have on car now I fail to understand why we still have On Car Supes, much less Center MGRS! I always said " This bldg can run without them." MGT STOP PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK - YOU PRODUCE NOTHING!!! Get out of the way and let people do their jobs! Cut all bonuses and all mgt incentive plans immediately to reflect this crappy economy! Earn your money by working on the clock - not off my back!!

I'm trying to figure out how this company survived 101 years without your brand of wisdom. :happy-very:

randomUPSISer

This is incentive compensation. No management took concessions in incentive compensation.

What would you classify MIP as? I'm pretty certain its based on incentives. (which coincidentally none of the MIP participants have any control over one way or the other. The LTIP guys control how well or not well those incentives are met IMO)

randomUPSISer

I'm sorry.
I misspoke as I'm not fluent in the many acronyms of UPS.
I am however familiar with many management personnel that feel they have lost their "incentive" due to a reduction in their "compensation".
Did this explanation include why Scott Davis got their stock instead of them?
My On Car claims that I'm making more than he is this year.
He seems to think, and constantly tells me, that my incentive to excell, is so I can keep my job that I'm lucky to have.

What do you think about that.....Scott??

I'm willing to bet thats pretty close to accurate too. LOTS of "incentive" was lost by management in 2009. Simply put, not many people gave a friend@$& this year because they felt they werent going to get rewarded for it. Instead, everyone seemed to coast and only do "whats required". I know everyone I personally interact with at work lost any desire to do anything besides whats required. I also noticed the building was empty at 5 most all of the year, where as there used to be plenty of people there at 6, and even past 6 in years past.

Thats all "hidden" info though. None of it shows up on reports so upper upper management doesnt see it.

randomUPSISer

You so obviously dont realize that managements only job isnt just to baby sit you and your peers. There is more to being a center manager than keeping an eye on you.

Also, YOU might do your job well without supervision, but I bet statistically most of the drivers in your center would be lazy as hell within 6 months if there was no one around them to watch. Its been proven time and time again in studies that without someone watching, everyone slackens a bit because they feel the rest of the group will pick up the slack. The problem is, everyone does that and no one picks up the slack.