Made it

Indecisi0n

I am in biotches. Did my casual period, got the call back, did my 30 days with sup and everything went smooth as butter. I can't wait to become as miserable as you guys ! YAY

Holy edits ! I guess as some people age they lose their sense of humor. Luckily i still have both my youth and my good sense of humor.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

I am in biotches. Did my casual period, got the call back, did my 30 days with sup and everything went smooth as butter. I can't wait to become as miserable as you guys ! YAY

Holy edits ! I guess as some people age they lose their sense of humor. Luckily i still have both my youth and my good sense of humor.

Don't worry your only a couple of write ups and suspensions away from get fired.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Sense of humor isn't measured on age,it's measured by how many stops you have done !! I have done about 500,000 in 15 years of p/car, so I lost it probaly around 2002 and gained it back in 2004 when I went into feeders !!

Indecisi0n

Everyone complains but like a few of the guys tell me "I will bitch everyday but where else are you getting paid this well with benefits to take boxes from one place to another?"

Re-Raise

Congrats. Take care of your health, stay focused on safety and remember it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Remember how you feel right now about getting the job and think back to it on the bad days. After 26 years I still try to appreciate how I felt when they hired me out of the room full of other people applying for the job.

Indecisi0n

The only thing that really gets under my skin right now are other drivers who do the wrong thing. Releasing in area's where they shouldn't be and running up the stop counts. The DIAD clearly stats this is not a DR area but they override it. Then i cover their route and my sup asks me what the problem is with my overage.

UPSGUY72

The only thing that really gets under my skin right now are other drivers who do the wrong thing. Releasing in area's where they shouldn't be and running up the stop counts. The DIAD clearly stats this is not a DR area but they override it. Then i cover their route and my sup asks me what the problem is with my overage.

The first thing you need learn is don't worry about what other drivers are doing just do your job....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You have not truly made it until you have been fired at least once.

LOL! I really thought I was going to one of the few to leave without being fired at least once. Then I had a roll-away, and got to spend my 2 weeks off, getting garden ready and golfing. Oh, well.

rod

Retired 22 years
LOL! I really thought I was going to one of the few to leave without being fired at least once. Then I had a roll-away, and got to spend my 2 weeks off, getting garden ready and golfing. Oh, well.

Out of the 23 drivers at my old center I would say at least 18 had been fired at least once (myself included)--------and for less serious reasons than a runaway. There was a few times that all you had to do was look at them funny and you were out the door. I think the only one who really got fired and never got his job back was a feeder driver who got caught porking a ministers wife in a gravel pit one saturday morning on his way back in. I was something he had been doing for a long time. He never fought his firing so who knows if he could have won his case.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Yes yes do your job or at least try to keep up with UPS's every changing rules and post infractions policies. Remember its a shifting constellation of 10,000 work rules and procedures that over lap and counter each other. So don't get caught in the switches when they tell you to turn left, then right, then straight, all at the same time, then fire for not following instructions when you make a choice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes yes do your job or at least try to keep up with UPS's every changing rules and post infractions policies. Remember its a shifting constellation of 10,000 work rules and procedures that over lap and counter each other. So don't get caught in the switches when they tell you to turn left, then right, then straight, all at the same time, then fire for not following instructions when you make a choice.

You really do have a negative attitude---did something happen to make you this way?