made rpcd this week

oldngray

nowhere special
Congrats. If you're married just wanted to give you a heads up that within 6- 8 months your wife will be sleeping with the mailman. It happens to us all. We just don't talk about it.
giphy.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

looking forward to being a cover driver the new couple/few years until i can get a bid in. speaking of bids, it seems as if no one in our center understands what seniority is based upon. i think about 10 of our 22.4's upgraded to rpcd but the seniority order is way out of whack and completely different than our last posted 22.4 seniority list.

i asked my center manager specifically about it because a driver that started weeks after i did (and qualified weeks after i did) just got bumped up 6 spots above me on the full time seniority list. center manager said it is based upon the date you first drove for ups. well, i drove before he did. another driver said his seniority was based upon the date of his first class at integrad. another driver said his was based on his qualifying date. another said it was your hiring date. pretty much everyone has a different answer to where we end up on the list.

can one of you guys please point me to something in the contract that i can read that will definitively answer this question. we're only a week out from the first route bids and i'd like to make a case for my spot on the list before then, thanks.
If you were ahead of someone on the 22.4 seniority list, and were promoted to RPCD in that order, then you have more seniority than that person as a RPCD.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
If you were ahead of someone on the 22.4 seniority list, and were promoted to RPCD in that order, then you have more seniority than that person as a RPCD.
that's the way it should be however another driver who had his first day driving 3 weeks after me and qualified 3 weeks after me was added to the list 6 spots above me. another 22.4 showed me a different driver who was bumped higher than him, etc. i'm trying to get ahold of our BA but in the meantime i'm trying to find the exact language because as i said earlier, some people are saying hire date, some are saying date of first class at integrad, some are saying first day driving and others are saying it's your seniority date. bids start at the end of next week and while i'm not likely to get a route i'd still like to make sure that the seniority list is correct for the future.

Overpaid Union Thug

that's the way it should be however another driver who had his first day driving 3 weeks after me and qualified 3 weeks after me was added to the list 6 spots above me. another 22.4 showed me a different driver who was bumped higher than him, etc. i'm trying to get ahold of our BA but in the meantime i'm trying to find the exact language because as i said earlier, some people are saying hire date, some are saying date of first class at integrad, some are saying first day driving and others are saying it's your seniority date. bids start at the end of next week and while i'm not likely to get a route i'd still like to make sure that the seniority list is correct for the future.

If that other driver has a hire date after you on the 22.4 seniority list then he/she would be promoted to RPCD after you and would remain behind you for the rest of your careers while in package.