Making More Money Now Than When I was Working Full Time - On Topic

fredxx

here's an idea that i heard about yrs ago but never really looked into it...post a classified ad in your area saying you'll help clear out people's garage/attic /storage etc... alot of times people will decide they would like to throw out items to clear out the clutter... anything that you could sell on ebay/ flea market / garage sales etc... you can have for FREE..probably a good idea to have either a truck/ van ...if your ad states you'll take a load or two to the dumps make sure you charge for that though...it's expensive to go to dumps nowadays...jst an idea but i've heard it works pretty good...a little work for FREE items to resell for all profit..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
here's an idea that i heard about yrs ago but never really looked into it...post a classified ad in your area saying you'll help clear out people's garage/attic /storage etc... alot of times people will decide they would like to throw out items to clear out the clutter... anything that you could sell on ebay/ flea market / garage sales etc... you can have for FREE..probably a good idea to have either a truck/ van ...if your ad states you'll take a load or two to the dumps make sure you charge for that though...it's expensive to go to dumps nowadays...jst an idea but i've heard it works pretty good...a little work for FREE items to resell for all profit..
that works. what I also do is go to garage sales and yard sales at the end of the sale. usually there is a lot of stuff left over and I ask what they are going to do with it. they usually say the dump so I offer to do it for them.

some stuff we can resell. some stuff goes to charity, some stuff has to go to the dump. but overall we have made money. all a lot of the stuff needs is a good cleaning and maybe a little repair. if you have the room to store it and patience for the right person to buy , you can make good money.

At any given time we have dozens of ads on craigslist and keep renewing them . a lot of times we get no responses but eventually we get a reply from a person who has been looking a long time for the item and gladly gives us the asking price or close to it.

one time we got a bureau for free. it looked like it needed to go to dump. we cleaned it up and took a bunch of pictures and put it online to facebook and craigslist . a couple months goes by and NOTHING. then one day an old guy called us and came over and gave us $150 for it. no haggling. he had been looking for this particular bureau.

fredxx

That's the way to do it...i live close to several apts and when people move many times they'll just get rid of things by leaving them near the dumpster...alot of times the stuff can be sold as is and still make money...clean it up and make even more...last week i saw a (wooden) dining room table (nothing wrong with it) w/o the chairs though...then previous to that there was a couple racks (looked like it was assembled very recently) for holding stuff over the toilet...another time somebody left a fan...u had to clean the filter for it to work...if i had a van/truck i would've loaded up...reselling FREE stuff u can't lose ...maybe lose a little time but if you're retired you should have plenty of time ...