Man Carjacked, Shot In South Loop UPS Parking Lot

J

Just another UPSer

I totally disagree with having a gun in your car on UPS property. Years ago two pt hub people were up for a sup position. The one that did not get it went nuts. (Obviously, they chose the right one.) He was built like a small college football player. When he would start screaming at anyone in mgt, it would scare the heck out of you. After one night when it was particularly ugly, he was suspended. When he came back to work, he had a deer rifle on a gun rack on the back of his pickup. Then he started to follow the sups home. Don't remember all the details, but he was fired, union had to support him and he got his job back. Finally fired again for being late too many times. I realize that a deer rifle is not a hand gun but both can kill. Also, UPS does have hubs in dangerous areas. Wish they would do more to keep us all safe.

michael

Chicago area
'Da Mare'-Mayor Daley's fetish for decorative black "iron" fences sure doesn't help security down there, just the fence contractors bottom line. But I'm biased, my day job isn't too far away-the former Skid Row now known as West Loop (thank you Oprah) and they're getting harassed about their chain link.

Ms. Channahon, perhaps you know, was the new fencing part of the deal that allowed UPS to block off 14th place for its own use?
Cachsux & Michael, a buddy of mine was once harassed by Ill State Police trooper for trying to "shake off" a native from the straight truck he was driving:lol:.

Hondo,
Just a way of life in this big city.... not saying it's right, but it's a fact. Glad I'm out of it !

Channahon

Hondo,
I haven't worked at Jeff St since the late 80's. I will say if there was a cost initiative by the city, then UPS would take advantage of the savings.