Management Doing Union Work

Seoke

Can anyone tell me where in the National Masters Agreement book it explains the policy on management doing hourly work? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Make certain you hav e witness and file for 8 hours double your regular hourly wage. This is by FAR the easiest money you can make

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
and by FAR the quickest way to get you on the radar...

was told by a center manager, "watch your performance"
BWHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

I work safely,by the methods,give a fair days work for a fair days pay and dont give a rats arse about 'performance' .It reduces stress and I have no worries at all about their 'radar'( we have so many young drivers that are screw ups they dont have time for us old farts that know how to play the game lol) as I know telematics will prove my points

Oh man my center manager and Driver supes KNOW not to say anything like that to the guys in my group lol. we'd make it RAIN with paper

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Make certain you hav e witness and file for 8 hours double your regular hourly wage. This is by FAR the easiest money you can make
We NEVER get paid for sups working if it's over 15-20 minutes. BA always sides with the company or trades them off I assume.

fatcats

You guys need a new BA! Sounds like a loser !!! We had to file so much, now have a extra work sheet up posted so they call full timers in to help,, makes the days hours roll round much faster ; )

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

and by FAR the quickest way get you on the radar...

was told by a center manager, "watch your performance"
Who cares. You play by their rules and they will look so stupid nobody cares if you file or not. I use to love to hear "your on the radar". That encouraged me to make more free money. In fact I asked the center manager one day for a blank check and i would just start making out my own grievance check to cut the middle man out.

Get me a steward

I am a Pre loader who is last on a belt who loads the last 4 trucks. This week a route was cut and they have added an extra truck to my route. The route averages about 1350 pieces at this point. It is split into two different drops. Basically every time my supervisor comes to the back he loads the two other trucks on the route and ends up making me finish before even getting 5 hours after sending others home early. What would be the process to file on this? Do I have to first inform a full time supervisor or can I just go strait to a steward? I have already asked the part time supervisor to stop loading.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You asked him to stop loading, he refused, now make him your money mule by filing with your steward. Make sure you document in your grievance you asked him to stop loading and his refusal. Also add in there exact times he was working and you'd like to be made whole by receiving double time rate for all hours worked by a non bargaining unit employee.

PT Car Washer

Don't even bother talking to the FT sup. He is the one telling the PT sup to get his people off the clock earlier. File on sup working and stop them from cutting people before the sort is over. You of course will not be very popular with your preload management team and you can expect retaliation for standing up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't even bother talking to the FT sup. He is the one telling the PT sup to get his people off the clock earlier. File on sup working and stop them from cutting people before the sort is over. You of course will not be very popular with your preload management team and you can expect retaliation for standing up.
Anyone receiving retaliation should immediately get with thier steward to file a harassment greivance. Also be aware that management is not allowed to discuss anything pertaining to your grievance with you without your steward present.

These sups are why we have such piss poor loads and misloads out the wazoo. Management should be managing, not loading trucks. If an employee is having issues with load quality and misloads, the managment needs to identify the cause and fix it using training or possiable work load shifting. When a preload sup is in the back of the truck, how can he accomplish these tasks?

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

There is always retaliation. May not be the next day but you know it will be coming. I applaud Union members that stick up for themselves but a lot of times you stand alone.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
so long as a part time employee comes to work,dos not steal and dose not start a fist fight that individual has a job for life.
If management tries to retaliate make them regret every warning letter by BURYING them in grievances.
If you dont stand up for yourself in this company you will get walked all over

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
...AND their retaliation should be countered with harassment grievances from you. Keep your steward informed and keep a journal of anything said to you and/or actions made against you. You are doing the right thing, and it takes guts. Hat's off to you. You may take some lumps in the next few days, but you'll be financially compensated and earn the respect of Management, in the long run, for sticking to your guns. Be a bulldog, not bull:censored2:.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You asked him to stop loading, he refused, now make him your money mule by filing with your steward. Make sure you document in your grievance you asked him to stop loading and his refusal. Also add in there exact times he was working and you'd like to be made whole by receiving double time rate for all hours worked by a non bargaining unit employee.
THIS