Management possibly firing me need help. On topic

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Birdblue, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Birdblue

Birdblue Member

I’m sorry for constantly bombarding everyone with termination questions, but I need desperate help and advice. But over the course of five to six years that I’ve worked at ups I’ve been well mean to everyone up there from co-workers to management and it’s gotten to where the business manager does not like me and I believe that he is trying to fire me even when I truly am trying to do my best at my job and at the way they want it done while changing my attitude and toxic ways but I think it’s gotten to the point to where they don’t believe that I’m sincerely trying. Like when I try to keep my mouth shut be respectful and honest and do my job By following the methods of loading (even though my walls are not always perfect) and trying to keep my trailer down and move around it just seems pointless. What should I do can they truly use any excuse to let me go? Also I all but know there have been a few people that have talked to the union steward about letting management fire me, Need help and honest answers please. On topic.

• Old x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  2. Big Package

Big Package The Smuggle is Real

Never talk to management without a witness or a steward. Do not sign anything without a steward or union rep present.

I appreciate that you're doing something to take steps to improve yourself. I know how it is having the stress of this job turn you into a monster. Instead of telling them how you're changing, just change. We are all human and we all make mistakes and we live and learn. This is nothing to beat yourself up over or worry about your iob. Don't do anything that would dig your own grave.

We had a guy who went on racist tirades about Jews and N****'s with multiple witnesses and he didn't get fired. I think you'll be OK. I'm pretty sure a lot of people underestimate how hard it is to fire a union employee.

Heck, there was a guy who would cat-call the gay dudes and make fun of their "lithpth" and he didn't even get spoken to about it.

3. rod

rod retired and happy

Management is trying to fire everyone---you're not special.

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

While at work, repeat this to yourself....

"if they were gonna fire me they would have done it by now.".

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  5. specter208

specter208 Active Member

Try no to worry, be humble and let your work do the talking for you.

6. Big Package

If I let my work do the talking for me, it'd have nothing to say. It might whimper and cry a little tho.

7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Best advice is don't talk to anyone. It's usually your coworkers who are being babies and trying to stir the pot.

8. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Eikichi Onizuka, 22, Bachelor, Virgin, Preloader

We've been watching you, Leon Stewart of Arkans*. And we've had it with you. Come in tomorrow and turn in your ID. You're done. And your Stewart can't save you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2019
  9. MattM

MattM Member

Wouldn’t you need progressive discipline in writing, including any documented talks, write ups, suspensions etc.

Don’t be intimidated

Although I have overheard supervisors talk about making so and sos life a living hell. Ie write ups for every little thing/throwing them at the hardest designation. Most people earn that crappy reputation though.

10. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you should just quit

11. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Cool story Dave.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

giphy (19).gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

If you're mean to just about everyone then it sounds like Karma is coming back to bite you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

0DCFC9F7-71D0-44CC-8819-E232D5EC9F0F.gif

Yet this gets deleted

Smh

15. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

If this guy is for-real, I wouldn't want to be in the same building with him either! Sounds like a complete whakadoodle.

16. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Stop being an :censored2:. BAM! PROBLEM SOLVED!

17. Big Package

At least he's doing something about his problems and not being an anonymous judgmental pusillanimous.

He's still my brother and I'd go to bat for him. He clearly wants to change and knows something is wrong and is taking the initiative to be better. You don't see that a lot. I'm happy for him, tbh, and wish him the best of luck.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

He’s been trying to change since he got here in 2015

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager