Management possibly firing me need help. On topic

Birdblue

I’m sorry for constantly bombarding everyone with termination questions, but I need desperate help and advice. But over the course of five to six years that I’ve worked at ups I’ve been well mean to everyone up there from co-workers to management and it’s gotten to where the business manager does not like me and I believe that he is trying to fire me even when I truly am trying to do my best at my job and at the way they want it done while changing my attitude and toxic ways but I think it’s gotten to the point to where they don’t believe that I’m sincerely trying. Like when I try to keep my mouth shut be respectful and honest and do my job By following the methods of loading (even though my walls are not always perfect) and trying to keep my trailer down and move around it just seems pointless. What should I do can they truly use any excuse to let me go? Also I all but know there have been a few people that have talked to the union steward about letting management fire me, Need help and honest answers please. On topic.

Never talk to management without a witness or a steward. Do not sign anything without a steward or union rep present.

I appreciate that you're doing something to take steps to improve yourself. I know how it is having the stress of this job turn you into a monster. Instead of telling them how you're changing, just change. We are all human and we all make mistakes and we live and learn. This is nothing to beat yourself up over or worry about your iob. Don't do anything that would dig your own grave.

We had a guy who went on racist tirades about Jews and N****'s with multiple witnesses and he didn't get fired. I think you'll be OK. I'm pretty sure a lot of people underestimate how hard it is to fire a union employee.

Heck, there was a guy who would cat-call the gay dudes and make fun of their "lithpth" and he didn't even get spoken to about it.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Best advice is don't talk to anyone. It's usually your coworkers who are being babies and trying to stir the pot.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I’m sorry for constantly bombarding everyone with termination questions, but I need desperate help and advice. But over the course of five to six years that I’ve worked at ups I’ve been well mean to everyone up there from co-workers to management and it’s gotten to where the business manager does not like me and I believe that he is trying to fire me even when I truly am trying to do my best at my job and at the way they want it done while changing my attitude and toxic ways but I think it’s gotten to the point to where they don’t believe that I’m sincerely trying. Like when I try to keep my mouth shut be respectful and honest and do my job By following the methods of loading (even though my walls are not always perfect) and trying to keep my trailer down and move around it just seems pointless. What should I do can they truly use any excuse to let me go? Also I all but know there have been a few people that have talked to the union steward about letting management fire me, Need help and honest answers please. On topic.
We've been watching you, Leon Stewart of Arkans*. And we've had it with you. Come in tomorrow and turn in your ID. You're done. And your Stewart can't save you!

Last edited by a moderator:

MattM

Wouldn’t you need progressive discipline in writing, including any documented talks, write ups, suspensions etc.

Don’t be intimidated

Although I have overheard supervisors talk about making so and sos life a living hell. Ie write ups for every little thing/throwing them at the hardest designation. Most people earn that crappy reputation though.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you should just quit

sandwich

The resident gearhead
giphy (19).gif

Superteeth2478

Stop being an :censored2:. BAM! PROBLEM SOLVED!

If this guy is for-real, I wouldn't want to be in the same building with him either! Sounds like a complete whakadoodle.

At least he's doing something about his problems and not being an anonymous judgmental pusillanimous.

He's still my brother and I'd go to bat for him. He clearly wants to change and knows something is wrong and is taking the initiative to be better. You don't see that a lot. I'm happy for him, tbh, and wish him the best of luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At least he's doing something about his problems and not being an anonymous judgmental pusillanimous.

He's still my brother and I'd go to bat for him. He clearly wants to change and knows something is wrong and is taking the initiative to be better. You don't see that a lot. I'm happy for him, tbh, and wish him the best of luck.

He’s been trying to change since he got here in 2015