management purposefully putting misloads in the package cars

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I worked inside the only sups who salted were new green p/t sups. I quickly initiated them via the salt under the loadstand gimmick. They quickly learned they had more important things to do.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had a SALT once. It was addressed to a legitimate street in the area, just a horrendously bad number. I didn't call it in, I just waited until right before I left the area, sheeted it as NS# and gave to clerk upon my return. Every package gets a scan and a disposition, right?

Never got a SALT again.

O

OLDMAN3

Here they will purposely load a miss load to see if you will bury it, call it in or run it. They will follow it up with a check-in audit...and they will be waiting for you so you can't get the box out of your truck before the audit. They have even planted salts (fake miss loads) on to trucks with pals that don't match the label to try to nail you with a miss delivered package. I will always communicate with my loader when I suspect management is getting sneaky so that at least he is aware that the miss loaded boxes were not his fault. he also lets me know when management has been in my truck before my shift.

Nostromo

My ft/pt sups occasionally put false labels on bags to make sure I check 3 packages before scanning and tossing into feeder.

Sent using Morse code

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just wondering if anybody has seen this happen..drivers or loaders..and if so what would be the proper course of action if it could be proven that it was happening.
coldworld,

The proper course of action should be to terminate the management person responsible for this.

Sincerely,
I

Overpaid Union Thug

coldworld,

The proper course of action should be to terminate the management person responsible for this.

Sincerely,
I

Why exactly would they be terminated? On what grounds? I wish the drivers that KNOWINGLY drive around all day with misloads on their trucks without informing anyone would be shown the door. If caught they should be fired for proven dishonesty because that's what they deserve.

The preloaders' only gripe would be that if a supervisor stuffs a letter or tiny package somewhere that's nearly impossible to see during a misload check. But at least they aren't being selfish inconsiderate liars like the drivers that refuse to do a simple task such as scanning misload.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why exactly would they be terminated? On what grounds? I wish the drivers that KNOWINGLY drive around all day with misloads on their trucks without informing anyone would be shown the door. If caught they should be fired for proven dishonesty because that's what they deserve.

The preloaders' only gripe would be that if a supervisor stuffs a letter or tiny package somewhere that's nearly impossible to see during a misload check. But at least they aren't being selfish inconsiderate liars like the drivers that refuse to do a simple task such as scanning misload.
Overpaid Union Thug,

The issue you bring up is separate and unrelated, you may want to start a thread.

To answer your question the grounds for termination would be framing a person to wrongfully bring discipline on an employee.

I read the original post in this perspective, if wrong then termination would not be necessary.

Sincerely,
I

Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug,

The issue you bring up is separate and unrelated, you may want to start a thread.

To answer your question the grounds for termination would be framing a person to wrongfully bring discipline on an employee.

I read the original post in this perspective, if wrong then termination would not be necessary.

Sincerely,
I

Umm....NO. The issue I bring up is, in fact, the same. It is 100% relevant. It is It's called a "salt." The employees are given every opportunity to find them in the loads. It's happened to me countless times back in my part-timer loader/sorter days. You win some you lose some but you always have a chance to find them. "Framing" would be if a supervisor places the package in the truck right before the driver leaves so that the loader never had an opportunity to discover it. And at that point it is the responsibility of the driver to scan the misload once they find it. If the misload was placed in the load by a supervisor with the intention of salting the driver then whether or not they chose to be honest will determine if they are disciplined. Both situations are squarely in the hands of those that are being salted.

Last edited:

JackStraw

I guess they're looking for dishonesty. Funny, our center is so concerned with a 10 minute AM time that they'll tell us to "Have a 10 min am time whether you have one or not" Don't worry, we'll fire you for dishonesty on something else though.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Umm....NO. The issue I bring up is, in fact, the same. It is 100% relevant. It is It's called a "salt." The employees are given every opportunity to find them in the loads. It's happened to me countless times back in my part-timer loader/sorter days. You win some you lose some but you always have a chance to find them. "Framing" would be if a supervisor places the package in the truck right before the driver leaves so that the loader never had an opportunity to discover it. And at that point it is the responsibility of the driver to scan the misload once they find it. If the misload was placed in the load by a supervisor with the intention of salting the driver then whether or not they chose to be honest will determine if they are disciplined. Both situations are squarely in the hands of those that are being salted.
Overpaid Union Thug,

Your argument is sound.

I was reading the original post as he was accusing management of framing.

The original poster would have to clarify what he actually was talking about since the term SALT did not come up in the OP.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I guess they're looking for dishonesty. Funny, our center is so concerned with a 10 minute AM time that they'll tell us to "Have a 10 min am time whether you have one or not" Don't worry, we'll fire you for dishonesty on something else though.
JackStraw,

I would not recommend recording am time if you do not have legitimate am time.

Sincerely,
I

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just wondering if anybody has seen this happen..drivers or loaders..and if so what would be the proper course of action if it could be proven that it was happening.
They have always done it. I dont think they have time now, but just do what you are supposed to do.