Management Resignation

EXNOHEN

I just resigned after almost 17 years of service, with the last 11 in management. My only regret is that I didn’t leave any sooner. I haven’t felt this good in a very, very long time. I’ll finally be able to be a father to my children and spend time doing some things that I would like to do before I’m too old and run down. UPS management doesn’t believe in family no matter what they say. The pay is extremely overrated and there are far more companies that treat they people better from both a working environment and compensation perspective.

We’ve had 7 full-time management employees leave since January. That is almost unheard of. You could literally go years without any management employee quitting years ago. Now it has become common place. It doesn’t look good for the company and it doesn’t seem like they are trying to doing anything about it either. It’s happening in every district throughout the country right now. They better act quickly before it’s too late

Drivers, don’t ever believe that supervisors make more than you. If you are considering going into management, think again!!!!! There were many days that I wished I would have stayed a union employee. Good luck to all of you and I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!

scratchman

scratchman
Mr Z,

I couldn't have said it any better. It is true, UPS has become a really :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: hole. Upper management does not care about front line supervisors or center managers. It is a changing company. I left January 2007 after 23 years and I am so happy I did. I am working for a Frieght Forwarder now and I am having the time of my life.
Management people, plan your exit if you are not happy. You can make similar money elsewhere! It may not be as good as UPS, however, you will enjoy life and your families much much more. Take it from me. I am living proof of that.
Drivers, please consider your promotions very seriously if you are in that position. The grass is much more greener as a service provider.

Scratchman

zupsap

It's not about to get better. Corperate consultates say upper management is not making enough based on their responsibility and front line supervisors are making too much. Its going to get worse.

EXNOHEN - congrats you left right before peak so you will actually get to enjoy the next 4 weeks !!!

You are very very right, front line management gets abused just like the hourlies do and the pay is not much more. I thought about going into management and it never happened so I guess it was a blessing in disguise. I left UPS about a year ago and I have never looked back. I wish I would have left sooner too.

In our district they started adding more responsibilities to the division managers (PE, IE and AUTO managers assigned to 2 districts instead of 1). Once that happened, they started dropping like flies. UPS has no concern whatsoever for maintaining a work-life balance. There are plenty of other companies out there that are family friendly and promote a work-life balance.

brown canuck

Good for you man!! I hope you enjoy your new life from this *hithole they we all share. I have been a driver for 5 years now, and have seen nothing but a constant deterioration of moral amongest my fellow co-workers. We have no pre-load at our centre and are required to have ridiculous start times like 5am, unload trailers, pull a run, and then expected to load trailers when we get back in after being beaten into the ground all day. I've heard the speech about the company wanting you to spend more time with your family, what a joke!! I'm a single guy, so I have no idea how a married couple with kids can cope with these stupid hours that we put in. Im going on Holidays in January, and when I get back Im actively going to look for something else, damn the pay!! I'll gladly take a pay cut in order to be happy and healthy again, I can see some of the crew I work with aging before my very eyes. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but this past year Ive never felt so punch drunk than I have in my life. When is the company going to wake up and realize in order to keep good people around and be productive that you have to offer them a break away from this back breaking routine. This job is nothing more than a paycheque, and an ugly uniform:knockedout:

ups79

Good for you man!! I hope you enjoy your new life from this *hithole they we all share. I have been a driver for 5 years now, and have seen nothing but a constant deterioration of moral amongest my fellow co-workers. We have no pre-load at our centre and are required to have ridiculous start times like 5am, unload trailers, pull a run, and then expected to load trailers when we get back in after being beaten into the ground all day. I've heard the speech about the company wanting you to spend more time with your family, what a joke!! I'm a single guy, so I have no idea how a married couple with kids can cope with these stupid hours that we put in. Im going on Holidays in January, and when I get back Im actively going to look for something else, damn the pay!! I'll gladly take a pay cut in order to be happy and healthy again, I can see some of the crew I work with aging before my very eyes. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but this past year Ive never felt so punch drunk than I have in my life. When is the company going to wake up and realize in order to keep good people around and be productive that you have to offer them a break away from this back breaking routine. This job is nothing more than a paycheque, and an ugly uniform:knockedout:

Good luck on finding that job that suits you, instead of you suiting the job. Sounds to me that we will be lucky to replace you.

Dfigtree

I just resigned after almost 17 years of service, with the last 11 in management. My only regret is that I didn’t leave any sooner. I haven’t felt this good in a very, very long time.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. In some ways, though, you never leave UPS. You see a package car when you are in Toronto, Ont. or London, England. You never really get away.​