Manager Been Trying To Fire Me For Months Now

Gucci23

TEN HOURS

will you be scheduling it all at once, or breaking it up into mini-vacations?
No I simply tell my manager i'm taking a vacation day and I put 30mins in the cloak for vacation. It's not the vacation pay I want it's the day off from hell so I try to make it last by using small amount of time

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
No I simply tell my manager i'm taking a vacation day and I put 30mins in the cloak for vacation. It's not the vacation pay I want it's the day off from hell so I try to make it last by using small amount of time
ahhh, understood

CJinx

1. Not as a package handler. Handlers are a dime a dozen so if you want to secure your place in the station, you need to learn many different functions of your building to increase your "value". An employee that is skilled in many aspects of station operations is more valued than a guy that has been loading a trailer for a year.

2. We didn't have paid vacation when I was a handler, so I'm guessing it starts over at the beginning of the fiscal year like the regular staff.

3. I suppose that depends on the complaint. Alert line / HR would be my suggestion.

4. From Tennessee's Department of Labor website: Tennessee is known as an "EMPLOYMENT-AT-WILL" state. Generally, this means that an employer may legally hire, fire, suspend or discipline any employee at any time and for any reason - good or bad - or for no reason at all. However, an employer may not discriminate against any employee on the basis of the employee's race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, or disability.
IMHO, consult a lawyer.

5. Vacancies for lead positions, QA, office staff, etc should get discussed on a regular basis. You can search based on locale, full/part time, position, etc and set up "search agents" which will send you an email any time a vacancy opens up which meets your search criteria. You can upload your resume and apply electronically.

6. After 1,000 hours as a package handler, you should get a packet in the mail with all the information needed.

Hope this info helps.