Martin Luther King

moreluck

golden ticket member
slothrop.....

So how do you explain 3 generations of welfare?? Lazy S.O.B.'s !!!

When we had our granddaughters living with us for 2 years, we did go to Social Svcs. for medical coverage for them. That Social Service office wanted to push money on us in addition to the medical. They couldn't believe someone would turn down their offer.

The system is there for temporary help. Both my daughters have used food stamps....but then they got back on their feet, got good jobs and presently don't need the help. It can be tough for single moms, but the people need to get jobs. The jobs are there!!!! You don't get to sit in an executive office and be boss, but there are paying jobs to help them get by. I know because the Mexicans (illegals) standing on the corners are picked up everyday and put to work and paid here.

I see people abuse the system. They don't work. They watch soap operas all day. They gamble and drink themselves into a state where they are unable to hold a job.......the abusers shouldn't get a cent. All they seem to know are drugs, how to sell them, how to cut them, how to package them, etc. etc.

Every welfare recipient should have to take a drug test.....PASS IT, OR NO $$$$$ !!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obviously, the chickens need welfare more than us.....

More than nine out of ten land animals killed for human consumption in the United States are chickens raised for meat, termed "broilers" by the factory farm chicken industry—approximately one million slaughtered every hour. The overwhelming majority of broiler chickens are confined inside barren, warehouse-like sheds on industrialized factory farms at such high stocking densities that most birds are denied many important natural behaviors. Due primarily to selective breeding for fast growth, these birds suffer both acute and chronic pain, as well as disabilities and illnesses caused by the unnaturally rapid growth, including leg disorders, crippling lameness, organ failure, and heart disease.
Customary broiler chicken industry practices have been shown by poultry science experts to significantly compromise animal welfare—from life on the factory farm through slaughter.​

over9five

Staff member
"Customary broiler chicken industry practices have been shown by poultry science experts to significantly compromise animal welfare"

Yeah, but....... they taste good!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"it would be a credit to the organization if they honored their non-white employees"

What??? Name one holiday that UPS has that honors their white employees? THERE AREN'T ANY!

Everyone wants to talk about Martin Luther King...but what about Columbus? We wouldn't even be here talking about this if Columbus didn't sail the ocean blue. I don't know if my conscience will let me work on Columbus day any more - I just feel so strongly about it. If I can't find a Columbus day march somewhere I'll just celebrate by going fishing or something.

If I`m not mistaken Columbus was Spanish,and he was
instrumental in bringing the slave trade to fruition.
I think the MLK appreciation day is a valid way for
the US government to apologize to the colored folk
for the years of oppression.
But that was a long time ago.
Theres no more oppression,but a small minority of blacks
still have big chips on thier shoulders.
The truth is everyone has a chance to do whatever they
want in life now,you choose your own path.
Rap music did nothing to benefit them.It tended only to
re-establish the mistrust between us.
MLK was only one man that died for black people,Lincon,
and the Kennedy brothers also paid with thier lives.

Tooner.....I read somewhere...

We all have to take drug tests to get a job. Some of our pay goes to help others. The article said that those "others" should have to take a drug test to receive their welfare checks.

I think it's a great idea. The gov't would save tons of money and only those that REALLY need help would get it.

Isn't Columbus the one who "found the new world" with people here already?? didn't he have slaves too??

I see the thread changed in many places. But it has happened before.
I kind of think if MLK were alive today, he would not like to see what is going on after all he did to help his people who had been opressed. And yes he was a brave man, to go into the cities he did at the time he did. I should have changed the thread. Sorry MLK.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I see the thread changed in many places. But it has happened before.
I kind of think if MLK were alive today, he would not like to see what is going on after all he did to help the people who had been opressed. Colorblind. all opressed. And yes he was a brave man, to go into the cities he did at the time he did. I should have changed the thread. Sorry MLK.