Massachusetts is considering a Bill to allow 16-17 yrs old to vote.

Baba gounj

Strength through joy
Mass. lawmakers considering bill to let 16 and 17-year-olds vote in local elections

(AP) — Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing a proposal that would give cities and towns greater leeway in allowing 16 and 17-year-olds to vote in municipal elections.
The bill wouldn’t lower the voting age statewide, but instead, let cities and towns extend the franchise to 16 and 17-year-olds without having to seek permission from the Legislature.

Honestly, would you allow this; wasn't it just recently that these same kids thought that eating Tide Pods was a way to get high.

oldngray

nowhere special
They can’t buy cigarettes or alcohol but they want them to vote?
how-dare-you.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Sooner or later, you'll have to take a stand.
Always bothered me as a 16/17 year old that I couldn't vote.

The government certainly had no problem with taxing me. Just wouldn't allow me any representation.

El Correcto

Covid Survivor
Always bothered me as a 16/17 year old that I couldn't vote.

The government certainly had no problem with taxing me. Just wouldn't allow me any representation.
Now here is a good point.
Why are we taxing high school laborers?
I remember, as I’m sure others do, calculating how many hours I worked and how much money I was gonna make come that first check only to be blown the :censored2: out by taxes and my mom laughing at me.

I say it would be an incentive for kids to work and build those habits at a younger age if they weren’t taxed. It would also motivate companies to take in inexperienced labor to train and work with to avoid paying into social security.