Massachusetts is considering a Bill to allow 16-17 yrs old to vote.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mass. lawmakers considering bill to let 16 and 17-year-olds vote in local elections

(AP) — Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing a proposal that would give cities and towns greater leeway in allowing 16 and 17-year-olds to vote in municipal elections.
The bill wouldn’t lower the voting age statewide, but instead, let cities and towns extend the franchise to 16 and 17-year-olds without having to seek permission from the Legislature.

Honestly, would you allow this; wasn't it just recently that these same kids thought that eating Tide Pods was a way to get high.

oldngray

nowhere special
They can’t buy cigarettes or alcohol but they want them to vote?
how-dare-you.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Always bothered me as a 16/17 year old that I couldn't vote.

The government certainly had no problem with taxing me. Just wouldn't allow me any representation.

El Correcto

god is dead
Always bothered me as a 16/17 year old that I couldn't vote.

The government certainly had no problem with taxing me. Just wouldn't allow me any representation.
Now here is a good point.
Why are we taxing high school laborers?
I remember, as I’m sure others do, calculating how many hours I worked and how much money I was gonna make come that first check only to be blown the :censored2: out by taxes and my mom laughing at me.

I say it would be an incentive for kids to work and build those habits at a younger age if they weren’t taxed. It would also motivate companies to take in inexperienced labor to train and work with to avoid paying into social security.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Except in those towns that have some private schools. Think of how a school's Head Master could turn local issues into a giant mess.