Max hours and days per week as preload - On Topic

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wrong. My federal tax rate depends upon how much I make per week. It could be 25%, 35%, or 45% (peak). Maybe I am off by a bit, but working 30 hours, versus 45, versus 60+ makes a large difference. My current regular rate is $30.16/hr or around there. It's a fact that working a 50 hour week, is worth "less" than 40 hours.
Maybe you don't understand taxes....

Over 70

Wrong. My federal tax rate depends upon how much I make per week. It could be 25%, 35%, or 45% (peak). Maybe I am off by a bit, but working 30 hours, versus 45, versus 60+ makes a large difference. My current regular rate is $30.16/hr or around there. It's a fact that working a 50 hour week, is worth "less" than 40 hours.

Biggest urban myth ever. I hear it all the time "you get taxed so much the overtime isn't even worth it." I shake my head and laugh all the way to the bank....

In the construction field there are dumbasses who bank some OT hours for "vacation" as straight time later when things are slow or something. Idiots could just budget their money and not spend every cent and come out ahead...ive always refused and said I'll take the OT thank you very much.

DOK

What's the maximum amount of days UPS can work us, and for how long per day, and how many total hours per week?

My understanding is UPS can work handlers up to six days a week (sixth being all overtime), with a maximum of 80 hours a week in a Sunday through Saturday period. Is this correct?

How does this work? Six 13.5h days would be great, but seven days at more hours would be even better.

Does preload work in shifts? Or can I bank on 8pm to 10am? Are we allowed split shifts, like preload for 8 hours and driver helper for six? Do you split shift, or how does this work?

I can do every job in preload except hazmat, and I'm really banking on peak money. I'll be surepost by then, too, and three people with seniority well above me just quit.

Also, I need to be offered better positions before seasonal helpers of all kinds are, right? If a seasonal helper goes out and I wanted it, I can grieve that? What other jobs are available for me to get hours?

Thanks very much for any help. I need to squeeze every penny out of it that I can. If I could do seven days a week and 100 hours I'd do it.

Does the federal contract UPS has trump state laws?
Not sure how you'd get 6 days on preload. We run Saturday's here and they don't allow preloaders to work 6 days, they rotate them somehow so they only work 5 days. Maybe it's different where you are.
Yes during peak you can work preload and driver helper, tough gig there though.

llamainmypocket

I don't think there's a maximum. I've seen people go out as helper until they looked Ill. There's nothing legally stopping you from working straight into a psychosis.

Being helper is hard enough depending on what driver you get. But if I can bang out preload and go out after, good.. especially if I get one of my cool drivers. Be so much easier to maximize hours and income.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think there's a maximum. I've seen people go out as helper until they looked Ill. There's nothing legally stopping you from working straight into a psychosis.
Had a buddy work the oil fields in North Dakota a few years back. 14 straight days of 16 hour days. Then you got a week off.

Said the last 3 days you just wanted to kill yourself. Then you got your check and were like man I can guess I can do it awhile longer.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Had a buddy work the oil fields in North Dakota a few years back. 14 straight days of 16 hour days. Then you got a week off.

Said the last 3 days you just wanted to kill yourself. Then you got your check and were like man I can guess I can do it awhile longer.
Friend of mine that use to work for ups took an oil field job. He seems happy. Has a nice house , truck etc.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Being helper is hard enough depending on what driver you get. But if I can bang out preload and go out after, good.. especially if I get one of my cool drivers. Be so much easier to maximize hours and income.

Most of the seniority preloaders in my old building would not go out as helpers, because their pay rate as a helper was lower than their inside rate. They would just take as many hours inside as they could.

Hellobrown2000

What's the maximum amount of days UPS can work us, and for how long per day, and how many total hours per week?

My understanding is UPS can work handlers up to six days a week (sixth being all overtime), with a maximum of 80 hours a week in a Sunday through Saturday period. Is this correct?

How does this work? Six 13.5h days would be great, but seven days at more hours would be even better.

Does preload work in shifts? Or can I bank on 8pm to 10am? Are we allowed split shifts, like preload for 8 hours and driver helper for six? Do you split shift, or how does this work?

I can do every job in preload except hazmat, and I'm really banking on peak money. I'll be surepost by then, too, and three people with seniority well above me just quit.

Also, I need to be offered better positions before seasonal helpers of all kinds are, right? If a seasonal helper goes out and I wanted it, I can grieve that? What other jobs are available for me to get hours?

Thanks very much for any help. I need to squeeze every penny out of it that I can. If I could do seven days a week and 100 hours I'd do it.

Get the job first then want max hours.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Federal contract? Wtf

Mr. Marshall

Right. Did you read what I wrote? Your tax rate is determined at the end of the year based on how much money you make minus whatever deductions you can claim. It has nothing to do with they deducted which does change with overtime or bonuses. Little variations are unlikely to jump you a tax bracket at the end of the year so that money will go back to you when you file your taxes. If you owe $10,000 based on your income minus deductions and they took out $25,000 you will receive a $15,000 refund but if you owe the same $10,000 based on your income minus your deductions and you only paid in $8,000 you would owe $2,000. At the end of the day your bill was still only $10,000 but it sure feels different. It's amazing to me how people don't understand the tax system at all. You might want to rethink your "wrongs" and your "facts" when you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Right. Did you read what I wrote? Your tax rate is determined at the end of the year based on how much money you make minus whatever deductions you can claim. It has nothing to do with they deducted which does change with overtime or bonuses. Little variations are unlikely to jump you a tax bracket at the end of the year so that money will go back to you when you file your taxes. If you owe $10,000 based on your income minus deductions and they took out $25,000 you will receive a $15,000 refund but if you owe the same $10,000 based on your income minus your deductions and you only paid in $8,000 you would owe $2,000. At the end of the day your bill was still only $10,000 but it sure feels different. It's amazing to me how people don't understand the tax system at all. You might want to rethink your "wrongs" and your "facts" when you don't know what you are talking about.
Giving the government an interest free loan is not on my re-thinking list :D My point was an OPINION of what the VALUE of the dollar is, to me, once I hit around 52-53 hours a week and the money confiscated by the federal government jumps radically. I'd rather just work 40. It does not mean you have to agree with the opinion.

Last edited:

DOK

Yeah you will get it back at the end of the year but a paycheck more than normal with a lot of extra OT gets taxed at the higher rate for that week.

Over 70

Giving the government an interest free loan is not on my re-thinking list :D My point was an OPINION of what the VALUE of the dollar is, to me, once I hit around 52-53 hours a week and the money confiscated by the federal government jumps radically. I'd rather just work 40. It does not mean you have to agree with the opinion.

I don't give a :censored2: if it's an interest free loan it's easy money that is all mine. Who cares. Your opinion sucks. Lol