Maybe starting?

Wammer

Not all parts of the country are the same. If you get a chance observe or talk to some of the pre loaders about what time they get out. Remember BB 58 is loading the cars so she will be one of the last ones out. Unloaders are the first to be finished.

I don't think our hub is very big, maybe smaller hubs tend to get out earlier? We're loading the trucks too, it seems, unless I misunderstood why the supervisor was explaining how the stacking in the truck works.

Get in do your job sacrifice 3 months of ya life make probation. Talk to as many people as ya can(union members) especially the "elders" they are full of knowledge and wisdom..as far as the 5-9 ya that's rough that 5 can swing 30 mins either way as can the 9. Job is worth it if you do your time an work as directed don't be late . Take what management tells ya with a grain of salt cuz they love to make stuff up

Sent using BrownCafe App

Okay, good advice, had not occurred to me management might have been making it up, like how he was insistent 5 every day but monday, and then 4:15 on mondays.

Where we're at, my husband rarely got over 18 hours/week for years, the exception being peak, and even then only if he made the list seniority wise. As for going full time, took him a little over 10 years to finally be the top guy on the FT job list, another 2.5 years to land FT driver position, and even now, it's swing shift, so hours vary.

That entire reply made me nauseous, 12.5 years? Eugh, does the pay increase over that time, at least?

fres431

Annual pay increases in CA pay increase after 90 day probation then every year for 1st 3 years on you start date, then after then it's annually sometimes split between aug 1 and feb 1. Ups part time gig is not going to support you by itself. I believe ya said in 1st post something about ups not being a dead end job as was where ya work now..got to do ya time in hub if ya wanna be a driver and everything is seniority based..you start date at ups is like your SSN remember it it'll be with ya for ya life time at ups

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wammer

Annual pay increases in CA pay increase after 90 day probation then every year for 1st 3 years on you start date, then after then it's annually sometimes split between aug 1 and feb 1. Ups part time gig is not going to support you by itself. I believe ya said in 1st post something about ups not being a dead end job as was where ya work now..got to do ya time in hub if ya wanna be a driver and everything is seniority based..you start date at ups is like your SSN remember it it'll be with ya for ya life time at ups

Sent using BrownCafe App

Okay, well that's positive at least, I don't intend for UPS to be my only income unless sometime down the road full time becomes available, or my pay ends up so good I can just coast on part time, useful information.

UPSwife0174

That entire reply made me nauseous, 12.5 years? Eugh, does the pay increase over that time, at least?

lol. sorry. Just saw this response. Yes, the pay increases were like clockwork, we knew it would be $1.00/hour more every year on his anniversary (I'm sure the contract was different in the beginning), but at the end it was $1.00 yearly, right before going full time he was at 18.01/hour. For us a huge factor was having our girls insured, no cost, for all those years.

UPSwife0174

Be persistent. Many people flake out, and even if you didn't get the offer initially, they'll likely need to hire multiple groups of people in the upcoming months