Media Bias

moreluck

golden ticket member
So who is there at Fox that is an anchorman but not showing media bias to the right? Because everytime I watch Fox "News" it sure feels like there isn't a whole lot of difference with their commentary.
O'reilly, Hannity and others are just like opinion writers in the newspaper.
You need to watch an actual news show....and maybe, it's not a newsMAN at al!!

island1fox

So who is there at Fox that is an anchorman but not showing media bias to the right? Because everytime I watch Fox "News" it sure feels like there isn't a whole lot of difference with their commentary.

I guess you have not watched Sheppard Smith --I avoid him --personally do not like him --but certainly has left leanings.

island1fox

I may have mentioned this before but the only true non-biased (at least not American biased) news reports I have ever seen as those on CBC and BBC.

Upstate,

Your statment of non bias on CBC and BBC is very open for debate. A recent poll of polical positions by bbc employees stated the majority are liberal with a few conservatives in the pudding.

island1fox

I thought the same, but then I listened to his scripted, leading questions.

Wow,

I have heard Smith take Liberal positions on Chick a fil and other issues --many say he himself is gay ---you see conservative scripted questions ---could this actually be a fair and balanced example ????

bbsam

Staff member
Wow,

I have heard Smith take Liberal positions on Chick a fil and other issues --many say he himself is gay ---you see conservative scripted questions ---could this actually be a fair and balanced example ????

Could be. Maybe like giving Michael Steele tons of air time on MSNBC.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seems that NBC at first delayed airing that tape from '88 with Obama saying he is for redristibution. The protection of Obama by the media is soooooo obvious.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]AP Reports Imaginary Crowd as 'Largest Yet of the Obama Campaign'[/h]
[h=1][/h] President Barack Obama is having trouble drawing large crowds on the campaign trail. But the media are always eager to help--for example, putting 18,000 people inside a 5,000-seat arena at an Obama event in Milwaukee on Saturday.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
wkmac,

I know some here may prefer videos and mp3's of some of your stuff, but really...

Do you have any idea of what the current policy is as far as arms to foreign countries? Do you know the places our diplomats put themselves in to secure these weapons? Do you believe the State Dept, at upper levels , are traitors?

I don't need to hear about conspiracy theories about hygiene.

Drugstore Woman by John Lee Hooker - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
How does an escaped mental patient get a primetime slot on TV . . . no, wait, it’s MSNBC, never mind.
Via Mediaite:
On Wednesday, MSNBC host Chris Matthews tackled a variety of, what he views as, persistently racial memes and insensitive attacks directed at President Barack Obama from the right. After detailing a series of attacks on the president from a number of prominent Republicans, Matthews chastised those who criticize him for seeing racism in questionable places. He said that those who disagree with him on that matter are “dead wrong” and “dangerous.” [...]

Finally, after playing a clip of Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu saying that he wishes someone would teach the president “how to be an America,” Matthews admonished white people in general.

“As a white person, I think it’s a statement against the white people to talk like this,” said Matthews. “It’s a sickness by the white people. Anyway, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe Mr. Tingles can find a 2 for 1 special and room with Biden in the home.........

Via RCP:
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, unaware that President Obama was the originator of the phrase “voting is the best revenge,” accused Mitt Romney of starting it because of racial animosity.

“It’s always been the undercoating of this campaign … that ethnic talk. This talk about revenge is of a piece with that. We grew up with it, we thought we got past it. It’s there,” Matthews said on Saturday night’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Last Word.”