Media Bias

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Ouch.
Well said:

"....a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative."

oldngray

nowhere special
Well said:

"....a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative."

She was hired in 2016 because Trump's victory showed how clueless people at the NYT were about anything outside their own liberal bubble. She is hardly conservative but closer than the rest of the people at that rag which could not be allowed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bye Felicia
I get that you’re very liberal, which is your prerogative and right, but doesn’t it bother you at all when you are told what they want you to know rather than being given the facts to draw your own conclusions? I’d much rather hear both sides and then make up my mind.

When Hugh Downs died recently someone commented that he didn’t know HD to be Democrat or Republican. As it should be.

It will be fine

I get that you’re very liberal, which is your prerogative and right, but doesn’t it bother you at all when you are told what they want you to know rather than being given the facts to draw your own conclusions? I’d much rather hear both sides and then make up my mind.

When Hugh Downs died recently someone commented that he didn’t know HD to be Democrat or Republican. As it should be.
All I’ve heard of Bari is her complaints about lack of conservative voices. She is a professional victim. Her goal is to provoke, not to educate anyone. That is clear in her resignation letter. I treat it the same way as I’d treat farewell posts on this forum. WDFD

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All I’ve heard of Bari is her complaints about lack of conservative voices. She is a professional victim. Her goal is to provoke, not to educate anyone. That is clear in her resignation letter. I treat it the same way as I’d treat farewell posts on this forum. WDFD
If that's what you took from her letter, then you're one of the deranged vicious cancel culture brainwashed leftists she's talking about.

Very sad.

Box Ox

Will continue to follow her wherever she lands. Have enjoyed reading Bari's work and seeing her on Bill Maher's show. Always refreshing to hear from a media figure who has the guts to not be shackled to an extremist political ideology on either side.