Media Bias

floridays

Your argument is a combination of a red herring and and a straw man argument.
Argument A: Antifa formed a crowd outside Tucker Carlson's and vandalizes the property while shouting threats with their bullhorns to intimidate Carlson. Tucker was not home but his wife was who reported that she heard loud banging on her door, according to a report from the Metropolitan Police Department.
Tucker Carlson told the Washington Post that the protesters also cracked his front door.

Your Argument: There was no proof that the door was cracked, therefore, your entire argument is not valid.

I haven't heard this weak an argument since my 8th grade debate club.
Nice Rodent, pick the bones while the flesh is exposed. I like that. Pony express will get this to you in two days. Nonetheless, excellent.

floridays

I’m arguing Tucker is exaggerating to look like a victim. He hosts a white nationalist TV show and we’re all supposed to cry for him when people give him a hard time for it. Boo hoo poor Tucker. :people_crybaby:
Whatever a bull does hours after he has eaten, that's what your post was. Polite enough for you Cinderella?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Your argument is that it doesn't matter whether protesters broke his door, the mere fact that they were protesting is wrong.

You are unamerican. Shame on you
Now this type of logical argument from you does not surprise me ... it is par for the course for you.
This is an example of an Ad Hominem Fallacy in my logic ... it does not address your points.

Your statement of "Your argument is that it doesn't matter whether protesters broke his door, the mere fact that they were protesting is wrong." is an example of of a Straw Man Fallacy because your point, "... the mere fact that they were protesting is wrong." is a point that has not been discussed with me and furthermore, it is a position that I obviously do not hold.

Your statement, "You are unamerican. Shame on you" is based on your straw man fallacy.
Additionally, this type of argument is an example of a False Dichotomy Fallacy because your reasoning fails by limiting the options to two when there are in fact more options to choose from. Additionally, your conclusion is an example of a Slippery Slope Fallacy argument based on your illogical Straw Man Fallacy covered above.

floridays

So your argument is that Leftie Pundits don't get attacked by Rightie Activists, therefore they are not riling up the Right? The rest of your post is merely a belief that you apply to the world outside your head.
I argue that is a wrong assumption.
I would argue that Wolf is safe because the Rightie Activist, while POed at Wolf, respect his right to express himself.

Further, as demonstrated in the two reactions of the leftist and the rightist to the elections of 2016 & 2018:
  • Leftists turned out in 2016 after Republican's (Trump's) win including protesting against right-wing demonstrations and destruction of property. Rightist were calm all during this period except for the always present outrage/deranged individuals.
  • Leftists turned out to protest after the Democrat's wins in the House and State Legislatures and Governorships.
    • Target Tucker Carlson's house to vandalize his property
  • Rightest were, "Oh well, let's get busy for 2020."
Nicely said, and the best part, it cannot be denied, I await with popcorn to watch you continue dissembling your prey. Naughty man.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Nicely said, and the best part, it cannot be denied, I await with popcorn to watch you continue dissembling your prey. Naughty man.
Just applying some of my debating skills I worked on so many years ago.
I was Captain of the debate team and if you can disarm an opponents argument by pointing out logic fallacies in their argument, you picked up points for the team.

There really is very little solid logic applied to most arguments in here.
Just having fun ... I've got a cold, with infected sinus and a headache.
It helps to take my mind off that pain.

Last edited:

newfie

So there was attempted forced entry and a group of people outside and the police let them all go without an arrest? Why do you hate police?

I would think someone would have to be identified as the person or persons responsible for there to be an arrest. from what I read the wife hid in a closet when she heard the noise.

newfie

I’m arguing Tucker is exaggerating to look like a victim. He hosts a white nationalist TV show and we’re all supposed to cry for him when people give him a hard time for it. Boo hoo poor Tucker. :people_crybaby:

you're arguing tucker is exaggerating by exaggerating far beyond what I heard reported on fox when it happened.

floridays

Just applying some of my debating skills I worked on so many years ago.
I was Captain of the debate team and if you can disarm an opponents argument by pointing out logic fallacies in their argument, you picked up points for the team.

There really is very little solid logic applied to most arguments in here.
Just having fun ... I've got a cold, with infected sinus and a headache.
It helps to take my mind off that pain.
great, I hope you keep feeling like :poop: if this is what we get.:clap::thumbup1:

Sportello

It seems as though the Tucker Carlson episode was greatly exaggerated. There is a police report.

Why does anyone believe Carlson about anything?

newfie

It seems as though the Tucker Carlson episode was greatly exaggerated. There is a police report.

its seems you are also throwing out red herrings. but then you have a history of stalking family members in their homes and thus probably sympathize with the brown shirts.

Sportello

its seems you are also throwing out red herrings. but then you have a history of stalking family members in their homes and thus probably sympathize with the brown shirts.
Thus...that doesn’t make you look smart.

You are a liar, you know nothing about me or my history.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don't unless I verify it through other sources.
Same with Sean Hannity, Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson, Anderson Cooper, Van Jones, Lou Dobbs, Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Wolf Blitzer, Chris Matthews, Chuck Todd, Eugene Washington, Lawrence O'Donnell, Jake Tapper, Brian Stelter, Jesse Waters, and many others.

These people are not news anchors or reporters by even the laxest of qualifications.
If you get your news from any of these people, you are fools.
Never believe anything they say.

vantexan

What article? Your claim is a violent mob assaulted Tucker’s house and tried to rape and kill his wife. I think that’s hyperbole as evidenced by the lack of arrests.
I said no such thing. Did you not read the above article posted by Ricky? His wife heard loud pounding on the door, heard the door crack, thought it was a home invasion, locked herself inside a pantry and called the police. A group of people were outside chanting, which they posted online. How would you feel if after dark a group of people showed at your house with your wife home alone and pounded on the door and started chanting? Apparently you think that's ok. Or it's ok as long as it's at the home of someone who's political views you don't share. And pretty much all of the media outlets denounced what the Antifa guys did. Why are you defending it?

vantexan

Because he routinely shows how the extremists on the Left are hurting the country. And they hate him for it. Good enough for me to watch, YMMV.