Medicare after 65

Got the Medicare Gap Filler letter from the local today.
$225 per month. Times 2 for the wife. $450 per month
Probably A&B Medicare is going to be $150 each or more.
Looking at least $750 a month for medical insurance and the added bonus of no dental or vision.
The good life.....
Maybe you can find a better deal outside of the local?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Got the Medicare Gap Filler letter from the local today.
$225 per month. Times 2 for the wife. $450 per month
Probably A&B Medicare is going to be $150 each or more.
Looking at least $750 a month for medical insurance and the added bonus of no dental or vision.
The good life.....
Our plan lets us keep dental and vision after the switch to medicare.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think in Biden’s 3 trillion infrastructure bill is a vision and dental deal for Medicare folks. Not for sure though I’m like the Pelosi, I haven’t read it.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think in Biden’s 3 trillion infrastructure bill is a vision and dental deal for Medicare folks. Not for sure though I’m like the Pelosi, I haven’t read it.
Word is that one didn't make it, at least for now. Manchin's got it down under 2 trillion and sounds like that was one of the casualties.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lots of those supplemental plans have a limited amount of dental coverage and glasses coverage
FB0977C0-6AF8-4772-85DA-C72F2B30F7C5.gif

satellitedriver

I'm finding out most of those plans are network deals.
Certain docs, hospitals, etc.
Bingo!
All "so called" Medicare advantage plans are just PPO,HMO insurance companies paid $1,200 and upwards per month, to absolve the Medicare system from further costs.
Do your research on the subject before you go to the cheapest option.
Once you step into that trap of "free" you will end up having to go to only the medical facility available in the network.
When you go down that path and move to an area not covered and want to go back to standard Medicare, pre existing conditions will drastically increase your payments to Medicare.
By just paying for a supplemental policy of about $290 a month my wife and I can be covered all through the US.
Dental care and eye glasses our the least of our worries.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Bingo!
All "so called" Medicare advantage plans are just PPO,HMO insurance companies paid $1,200 and upwards per month, to absolve the Medicare system from further costs.
Do your research on the subject before you go to the cheapest option.
Once you step into that trap of "free" you will end up having to go to only the medical facility available in the network.
When you go down that path and move to an area not covered and want to go back to standard Medicare, pre existing conditions will drastically increase your payments to Medicare.
By just paying for a supplemental policy of about $290 a month my wife and I can be covered all through the US.
Dental care and eye glasses our the least of our worries.
Go away scab