Metal Detectors

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They installed one here a few years back. Unfortunately, it doesnt work. It beeps whenever the door to the guard shack opens or closes. The guards quit paying attention to it a long time ago.

drewed

Shankman
The hubs and gateways have to have them(per DOHLS), along with a AOA badge employees need to be screened before entering airport property

rod

Retired 22 years
My center didn't have any security features. Most of the time all the overhead doors were open and anyone could (and did) just walk in. Our morning sort always had customers standing around talking to the preloaders or drivers about getting their pkgs. It was just another little building with no fence around it in a crappy industrial park. Any truck left outside over night was guaranteed to have the gas siphoned out of it by the next morning.

Fnix

In my center @ 6am some guy rode his bike up onto the property parked his bike in the smoke area, and walked into the building and when he found a supe asked them if they were hiring.

Tony31yrs

We got them in the 90's in our center. As I once told my oncar, with a straight face, as he saw my pistol permit, "Remember they only check us on the way out." He wasn't sure if I was joking or not. He seemed a little nervous after that.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Guards? Metal Detectors? I'm with rod on this one. All doors are wide open. Anybody walks in/out, to this very day. No fences or anything. People cut across our land to go to Walmart. And our roof is still damaged from the 2004/2005 hurricanes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My center didn't have any security features. Most of the time all the overhead doors were open and anyone could (and did) just walk in. Our morning sort always had customers standing around talking to the preloaders or drivers about getting their pkgs. It was just another little building with no fence around it in a crappy industrial park. Any truck left outside over night was guaranteed to have the gas siphoned out of it by the next morning.
Sounds just like my center. We are inside a fence with razor wire and the ones that are doing the syphoning are the car washers. LOL The gates are open all day, anyone can come and go as they please. Of course we sit on a lot that has storage units as well, so it has to stay accesible during business hrs. Other than that everything else is exactly the same.

evilleace

My center has all the doors open all the time no fence into parking lot only a fence around the building itself but there is no gate, the other day a customer came through the side door to the unloading area and asked to see a sup.

wornoutupser

Guards? Metal Detectors? I'm with rod on this one. All doors are wide open. Anybody walks in/out, to this very day. No fences or anything. People cut across our land to go to Walmart. And our roof is still damaged from the 2004/2005 hurricanes.

Hey Steve,

Did you here about the Melborne Center after Hurricane Frances?

When they went up on the roof they found over 100 sets of keys thrown up there over the years!

upsgrunt

We don't have one-for that matter, we don't have a guard shack, or a fence either. For the overhead doors that are NOT powered there are hooks to latch to the chain to secure them. Fort Knox we are not.