Microdiscectomy for my back

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not sure if this thread is still going/active, but I spoke with my local union people today and they say I can take a with draw card, I will be out for at least a couple more months-so told. Any benefit to staying on and paying cash if your not actually working-working? Does not sound good when they say if you take the with draw card, you are no longer a member, so would that put you as a start over if you take it and come back? Thanks
Do what's right for YOU. It's not like you're gonna make the union fold without paying your dues. Take care of that back and do all of the PT that is prescribed. DO NOT come back to work till YOU are 100%, not when the Dr says you are. YOU know your body and what it can/cannot handle so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Be safe, get well and get back to work when you're better.:peaceful:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Not sure if this thread is still going/active, but I spoke with my local union people today and they say I can take a with draw card, I will be out for at least a couple more months-so told. Any benefit to staying on and paying cash if your not actually working-working? Does not sound good when they say if you take the with draw card, you are no longer a member, so would that put you as a start over if you take it and come back? Thanks

Gheck with your local, most have a provision for a temporary honorable withdrawal. You can go back by paying a very miniscule fee with no loss to you.

nocturnalbuck

brother in brown, i wonder how your doing now?
back in dec started getting a pain in my buttock and a little around my hamstring. thought no big deal, it's peak we are all overworked. mid-jan started going to chiropractor, who said keep coming back we'll get your bulging disk fixed in no time. a month into it i couldn't work anymore . went to a doctor that said nothing was wrong with me. went to a different chiropractor who kept saying he'll get me better. ran out of family leave a few weeks later (newborn baby) and finally had a doctor order an mri. sure shyt have an l-5 bulge touching my nerve. have had 2 epidurals which have somewhat reduced the pain, but don't think i could work with this still. have a microdisketomy scheduled for next wed. when they asked if it happened on the job, i couldn't give an exact date and time so it's pretty much outta work incident. i still get short term disability, have great insurance but absolutely no headaches as far as getting things approved while i squirm in pain. i'm glad to hear some success stories on here because the last couple weeks have been a real test mentally. not knowing if/when i'll get back to work and how i'll be treated when i do. i'm 33 and lift properly 99% of the time, they say it could really happen to anyone anytime. i dont' wish this on anyone. from what i've heard it could get a lot worse than what i have so i'm hoping a for a great recovery.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dollar to donuts its work related. No offense, but a chiropractor isn't equipped to handle any disk issue, in my opinion. Don't go to spine regenerist(?), either. Quackery, as my doctor said.