Mid 30's feeling like high 60's

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Pizza buffet??? How do you eat like that and work afterwards? I have mostly water and fruits and veggies couldn't even imagine a buffet and then finish my route.

Holydriver

I've been working for this company for about 5 years, some part-time and some full time, I'm remembering when I started what HR guy told us, he said that this job requires a "Special Breed" of human, that not everybody is capable of doing the backbreaking hard job that UPS is... At first I was like "blah, blah... I'm capable of this and more, how hard could it be to unload/load amazon boxes and deliver them to houses in a automatic truck"... How wrong I was.... Now not even halfway through my career at UPS I feel like I don't even know If I'm going to survive 25 years of this without some type of surgery or some type of deep medical condition since I feel some type of pain/discomfort on every bone/muscle of my body... Not that "Special Breed" of humans I guess... Some times I feel like getting out of here in one peace now that I still can, but then I think where else I'm going to get the same benefits/compensation/pension package that I get here without a college degree. the dilemma is: Is this job really worth it? or Is what we get just a tiny fraction of what we are giving and is not worth it at all...

(Just thinking out loud on another day with another :censored2:ty load in paradise :dots:)
i know man, it must be every human alive that asks themselves "is destroying the only thing i truly have for myself...my body, really worth $32 an hour?" the answer is yes. because UPS gives you insurance so even though theyll do everything they can to say your injury wasnt work related, you can use your :censored2:ty insurance to cover the expenses of your medical bills that were brought forth by your :censored2:ty employment.

Savvy412

Damn OP

I had to double check and make sure this wasnt me who posted this. As the weather gets colder..peak approaching..my 10month year old daughter getting older growing by the second...these exact thoughts have been crossing my mind

Savvy412

Do you guys think yoga would help? I have been thinking about getting some dvds and waking up a little earlier and doing some yoga before work.

Holydriver

Do you guys think yoga would help? I have been thinking about getting some dvds and waking up a little earlier and doing some yoga before work.
have you ever done any yoga before? even if you havent, if you know some good stretches yo ushould try it out. get your muscles warmed up, and spend about 15 minutes stretching. i mean stretch to the point that it hurts. then, when youre finally done stretching your body will feel amazing. its kind of crazy the way you feel. i dont stretch often because im pretty busy. i work out and stuff, and stretching would definitely help, but i lack the time to spend stretching. BUT, i will say this, on the many days that i have taken the time to get a good strectch, i have never regretted it. your body will feel amazing. i say amazing and mean simply that...amazing. the feeling cannot be beat.

Returntosender

i know man, it must be every human alive that asks themselves "is destroying the only thing i truly have for myself...my body, really worth $32 an hour?" the answer is yes. because UPS gives you insurance so even though theyll do everything they can to say your injury wasnt work related, you can use your :censored2:ty insurance to cover the expenses of your medical bills that were brought forth by your :censored2:ty employment.
IMG_0901.GIF

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For our pay, UPS will work you hard every single day you have left.
If your body is breaking down, you have 2 choices:
A: Use your experience to get another easier job
B: Move to a different position in the building, if you have the seniority