Mid 30's feeling like high 60's

BROWNCAT

I've been working for this company for about 5 years, some part-time and some full time, I'm remembering when I started what HR guy told us, he said that this job requires a "Special Breed" of human, that not everybody is capable of doing the backbreaking hard job that UPS is... At first I was like "blah, blah... I'm capable of this and more, how hard could it be to unload/load amazon boxes and deliver them to houses in a automatic truck"... How wrong I was.... Now not even halfway through my career at UPS I feel like I don't even know If I'm going to survive 25 years of this without some type of surgery or some type of deep medical condition since I feel some type of pain/discomfort on every bone/muscle of my body... Not that "Special Breed" of humans I guess... Some times I feel like getting out of here in one peace now that I still can, but then I think where else I'm going to get the same benefits/compensation/pension package that I get here without a college degree. the dilemma is: Is this job really worth it? or Is what we get just a tiny fraction of what we are giving and is not worth it at all...

(Just thinking out loud on another day with another :censored2:ty load in paradise :dots:)

UPSER110

Def start taking you breaks, don't jump out of the truck, watch your lifting,lowering, and twisting. This is a marathon. My self I have lost a few lbs by eating healthier which has helped my knees and ankles hurt less. I do need to start working out too.

I know where you are coming from. I've been here for almost 16 years (10 full time) and never had a problem besides a sprained ankle back in the day. Now I found out about 1 1/2 months ago I have bulging/herniated discs in my back. It really puts things in perspective as I'm 40 and have a wife and two kids to take care of. I know I'm not the only to have these issues, but it does worry me a little because this job hasn't gotten any easier. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

I wish I knew if they heal or not. Never had any problems when I was younger playing sports. I often think about how I will make it another 15 years. I definitely don't want to end up crippled because of any job!

onehandsolo

Bite the bullet and hire a personal trainer for a few months. I good trainers will help you with your balance and strength. Also maybe try finding a good Chiropratic