Mid-Atlantic area busier than peak.

dvalleyjim

Our volume has reached peak levels on our routes with 35% of the boxes being oversized. Not only are we over dispatched with stops the crap don't fit on the truck. Major fail!

Any one else in ground getting killed with oversized, heavy freight?

So much for the nice and easy 115 stop home delivery route.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
it all depends on your subcontractor's managing skills...

my subcontractor has 20+ routes w/ 2 backup drivers and is looking for more, in cases like yours.

we'll give the oversize stuff to those supplementals and they'll take it out there

if one of us still have room in our P700s, we can opt to help that guy out

this subcontractor is expanding his fleet and buying a few p1000s this year as well. I am not going to be driving one of those; rather have a light day than be a ground mule for the same pay

robdabanks

I hope it was just from the short holiday week and everything goes back to normal soon. The money is good but I like my normal days too.

vantexan

Could be that Ground's lower costs are catching on and the heavy stuff is finding it's way to Ground. It's good to deliver letters over at Express, lol.

Crozz

Lol van get used to express being light and doing letters. Soon express will be like DHL in the states just doing international and letters coast to coast. Fedex ground is moving freight so fast express wont be needed in the states. As ground guys we have to get used to the spike in volume it's only going to increase at an extreme rate. Read 4.6 billion being pumped into ground sector only this year alone 7% of the profit margins. It's nice to be on the ground side knowing their will be job security.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As ground guys we have to get used to the spike in volume it's only going to increase at an extreme rate. Read 4.6 billion being pumped into ground sector only this year alone 7% of the profit margins. It's nice to be on the ground side knowing their will be job security.
You guys will be doing more work while the big bosses rake in all the money, not you. Feel better now?

Crozz

Everyone has to work to pay bills. Some work to provide and take care of their family's. Watching my terminal go from 20 truck to 45 trucks in five years makes me think I'm in the right business. Not only have the trucks increased so has our terminal. When I look down the street and see express and ups in the same building with about the same amount of trucks in the building again makes me think Ground is going to be the one who will be getting the raises in the future. Our building two years ago was 10k sq feet today we are in a 60k with 2017 the expansion of a new line. Hmmm

Cactus

makes me think Ground is going to be the one who will be getting the raises in the future. Hmmm
Let's remember one thing. You work for Scrooge Fred S and Fred don't like to pay anybody more than he has to. You must be a relatively new fresh faced gung-ho driver thinking you've fallen in endless clover. You have a real long hard ride ahead of you if you stay with Ground or Express and a lot to learn. Raises are few and far between especially at Ground.

And while I got you here, how's the paid vacation and health insurance that comes with working for Ground all working out for you?

soc151

Everyone has to work to pay bills. Some work to provide and take care of their family's. Watching my terminal go from 20 truck to 45 trucks in five years makes me think I'm in the right business. Not only have the trucks increased so has our terminal. When I look down the street and see express and ups in the same building with about the same amount of trucks in the building again makes me think Ground is going to be the one who will be getting the raises in the future. Our building two years ago was 10k sq feet today we are in a 60k with 2017 the expansion of a new line. Hmmm

I agree with all of what you said except the part about us drivers getting raises.

vantexan

Lol van get used to express being light and doing letters. Soon express will be like DHL in the states just doing international and letters coast to coast. Fedex ground is moving freight so fast express wont be needed in the states. As ground guys we have to get used to the spike in volume it's only going to increase at an extreme rate. Read 4.6 billion being pumped into ground sector only this year alone 7% of the profit margins. It's nice to be on the ground side knowing their will be job security.
No doubt you guys are doing better all the time. But Express won't disappear. No matter how fast you are you can only go so far overnight. But keep up the good work because you guys are paying for our higher pay and benefits, such as it is.

Purplepackage

Ok here I go

1. Express still made 52% of the profit for this :censored2:ed corporation last year

2. Real money is made in international shipping which express pretty much holds the market on

3. Saying express will be DHL is just insane since DHL never actually got a foot hold in America to begin with

4. I'm not sure what you think soon is but I guarantee express will not be going anywhere anytime soon not even in the next 20 years

It will be fine

Let's remember one thing. You work for Scrooge Fred S and Fred don't like to pay anybody more than he has to. You must be a relatively new fresh faced gung-ho driver thinking you've fallen in endless clover. You have a real long hard ride ahead of you if you stay with Ground or Express and a lot to learn. Raises are few and far between especially at Ground.

And while I got you here, how's the paid vacation and health insurance that comes with working for Ground all working out for you?
My guys get at least 2% raises every year. 2-4 weeks paid vacation. They do better on their own on the exchanges for health insurance than what I can offer. You probably would too if express didn't offer their junk insurance. But keep talking like you know how Ground works.

Crozz

I'm no newbie I've been doing this for 8 years I have 24 trucks in two different terminals and my guys also get 1-3 weeks payed vacation and my guys get to advance as coordinators and managers. So to say we don't get raises you might do more research. As express not once did I say you guys where going anywhere. Express is great and will keep the international freight coming and going that's great, but as in the U.S. ground will be the work hours and we will get our pay in the long run where doing something right to continue to grow the way we are. I have no hate for any express or ups we all need each other. What I hate seeing is the crying and hating on ground. Ground guys work their ass off for less pay and you guys like talking like your miss treated.

MAKAVELI

My guys get at least 2% raises every year. 2-4 weeks paid vacation. They do better on their own on the exchanges for health insurance than what I can offer. You probably would too if express didn't offer their junk insurance. But keep talking like you know how Ground works.
2% is nothing to be proud of.

Cactus

I have some serious doubts about any Ground contractor offering 2-4 weeks paid vacation to their drivers.

Crozz

Lol cactus 70 stop 80 packages that sir doesn't make you entitled to make what ups makes. Ups nobody argues they are over worked and under paid those guys are slaves to a company, so what they make 80k-90k they also do what 3 express guys do in one day. Ground guys do twice as much as express with a third of UPS pay. Express guys have no argument or right to complain I've seen plenty of express guys come and go at the ground term crying they don't get enough hours and when they get the job complain they are over worked with the ground business model.

It will be fine

I have some serious doubts about any Ground contractor offering 2-4 weeks paid vacation to their drivers.
Because you know the inner workings of how many contractor's businesses? It's good business to have your drivers take vacation. They appreciate it and it keeps them fresh.

Cactus

Lol cactus 70 stop 80 packages that sir doesn't make you entitled to make what ups makes. Ups nobody argues they are over worked and under paid those guys are slaves to a company, so what they make 80k-90k they also do what 3 express guys do in one day. Ground guys do twice as much as express with a third of UPS pay. Express guys have no argument or right to complain I've seen plenty of express guys come and go at the ground term crying they don't get enough hours and when they get the job complain they are over worked with the ground business model.
Your post is a joke.

It's a huge miracle that Ground hasn't killed off the FedEx brand altogether. You guys forge customer signatures, release packages that should no way be released (signature required, alcohol, firearms shipments, etc.) And then there's pickups you guys avoid like the plague and the sit and rot until Express finally helps out the customer by taking them. Your vehicles look like they've been thru World War III that sit there running while the driver is away with the bulkhead door wide open. And don't get me started about the lack of hygiene a lot Ground drivers seem to exhibit. And you think your straight-line routes are harder work than Express? We'll see what kind of (heh, heh) "raises" you'll be getting.

Crozz

Lol Cactus funny your living in the past Ground is evolving and when it was one contractor and a sup it was probably the way you say. But now real business men own routes and when ISP hits throughout the states you won't see a contractor without 500 stops or 5 PSA. Business minded men are entering the ground sector and not all previous contractors do what you say. Does that happen maybe but I doubt it's happening now with a contractors business on the line. So you are a joke because you have no clue how ground truly works now. Does fedex get it right on the pay no, but in the long run fedex ground will get the pay right and when ISP hits all states Ground will be bigger than UPS. Fred S is smart and continues to make the right moves. Genco and Smart post will be hitting the ground sector soon and that will increase our volume as well.