Mid-Atlantic area busier than peak.

Crozz

Don't you have pickups? No Kinkos with their 6 pm pickup? The earliest the guys with Kinkos can get back to the building is 6:30-6:45.
I have one bulk truck that stays out and does express and two later pickups. He get in at 6 but starts at 9:00 so it all works out.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If you loading for your loaders then your contractor is failing.

well if they got rid of the HD term, the process of preload is still the same at my state...

all they do at the HD station is to sort the belt and put your stuff on a pallet. we come in scan and load/sort our own packages into our own vehicles.

i know ground ops are different because of bulk stops and what-not, but at HD it's been like that since the RPS days in my state

also, someone here states that the contractor gets the payment for the preload like ~.25 cents per box or something like that. that fee should be passed on to the driver who's humping those boxes into their vehicles

STFXG

well if they got rid of the HD term, the process of preload is still the same at my state...

all they do at the HD station is to sort the belt and put your stuff on a pallet. we come in scan and load/sort our own packages into our own vehicles.

i know ground ops are different because of bulk stops and what-not, but at HD it's been like that since the RPS days in my state

also, someone here states that the contractor gets the payment for the preload like ~.25 cents per box or something like that. that fee should be passed on to the driver who's humping those boxes into their vehicles

In a co-location one side of the belt is ground (automated belts) and on the other side is HD (with rollers). They load the trucks on the ground side and stage the packages on pallets on the HD side.

I would love a quarter per package... No where near that. And why should anything be passed on to the driver? They get the pay they get.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
And why should anything be passed on to the driver? They get the pay they get.

so you think it's right to have your HD drivers load their own cargo for free? Express drivers get hourly pay as well as some ups drivers (in smaller locations)...

STFXG

so you think it's right to have your HD drivers load their own cargo for free? Express drivers get hourly pay as well as some ups drivers (in smaller locations)...
It's calculated in to total pay. No ones working for free.