Mike Eskew Announces Retirement

L

long suffering supe

The guy always seemed like a robot - no personality...not like Oz Nelson or James P.Kelly.
A ship needs a strong personality, a natural leader, who will bring his people/company with him - not drive his people/company. We need grass-roots leadership again. Sometimes you loose site of the mortals when you are up on Mt Olympus. If we look after ourselves, our own UPS family and forget about the stock market, I believe this company can turn around.
Lets look after our people and our customers service and forget about Wall Street. If UPS remains obsessed about stock prices & obsessed about what Wall Street analysts say - the company is doomed as a good place to work.... I think it is going that way....
PS...I've never met any CEO....but thats my perception of Eskew - a robot.

rushfan

So what do running an old aircraft avionics (II Morrow) company and UPS have in common? IMHO corporate has lost touch with their "roots" (as many other corporate individuals in other companies). Look at PAS (Eskew's brain child) and all the missed packages. I feel that the missed packages are affecting our domestic ground bottom line. I spoke with a feeder driver I meet at the exchange point about the problem in Vegas with at least 1000 missed packages one day recently. What a joke. I would hope Vegas isn't representative of UPS around the country. Judging from what I read and hear, it is.

Another problem-NASCAR-***?!? I wish they threw some of the millions my way-UPS would have got better returns on investing in me as a UPS representative than some hillbillys from Hickory N.C.

Ok, enough ranting. I would like to leave you with this thought-We are all just prostutes- management and hourly-as long as we get paid for our services, corporate won't give a sH#$ what our opinion is.

wornoutupser

So Long,Farewell, I'll see you at the stock sale!

Goodbye Mike, Hello more of the same in a new suit. Until we get a REAL UPS'er that came up from the bottom and knows what th real world wants, it will be buisiness as usual in MHO.

agitator

so im guessing eskew wasnt in the central states plan?

LOL...No edd...mikey has clear sailing leaving the scene of the crime with his $6.165 million plus the usual retirement package including mucho stock optons...maybe he can put some of that loot to some good use by covering all the new PTimers after aug 2008 with health care and their families 18 months out...lets not forget, he is still a board member of the anne e casey foundation (yes founded by the jim casey family) who's motto is: "helping vulnerable kids and families succeed"...IRONIC ISNT IT?

Maybe Mike and the other former UPS ceos that are on the Anne E casey Foundation Board will use their millions to help these new PTimers's kids and their families SUCCEED

I guess this "kids and family" foundation is the pennence that UPS ceos have to do after the corporate crimes/disdeeds they have done!