Milwaukee flood 2010

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Too bad the water wasn't a couple of more feet deep, maybe he would have floated away. If the IBT would have organized them, then maybe he wouldn't have took that chance. That was a stupid gamble to take in my opinion.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Scott Davis is on the phone right now ordering 10,000 Freightliner tractors. Mack's days at Big Brown are numbered. Amazing footage. That FedEx guy is a true American hero.

bigbrownhen

Just wondering what kind of damage he could do to the motor driving through such high water? There isn't any freight out there worth taking a chance like that.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Wait till he tries to stop with the wet brakes.

Anyone remember or still have the Ford P-1000's in their building? I think it was commonplace for most of them to start with the number "116"? We just got rid of the last of them that we had in our building because their brakes weren't very useful when wet.

One of my personal vehicles is a 43 year old car that has manual brakes so I know what it is not to have responsive braking, but some of these trucks took it to a whole new level. They had great power-steering, a great turning radius, a low step, very quick, fuel efficient, and my favorite was the pull-tab parking brake that is so much easier than a handbrake, yet anytime it rained, it was a day of downshifting just to be safe because the brakes were garbage when there was a decent amount of rain falling.

browned out

Scott Davis is on the phone right now ordering 10,000 Freightliner tractors. Mack's days at Big Brown are numbered. Amazing footage. That FedEx guy is a true American hero.

I think it was CEO billionaire Fred S at the wheel. Fedex drivers are not pilots, they are admirals and captains. aye aye