Mini vacation

over9five

Staff member
I'm thinking of going down to Cape Cod for a few days in June, just me and wifey.

What's the best way to book? I looked at a couple sites, but they seem to throw in a booking fee that kills any savings. Is booking direct always best, or are there good discount places?

I'm aiming for Holiday Inn in Hyannis. Been there before many years ago, bar on site, indoor pool, some rooms with hot-tubs. (Also free internet! Might get in trouble if I bring a laptop, tho...!) No discount at upsers.com for Holiday Inn.

Any suggestions?

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I am taking a big trip this fall and have been playing the field (calling different local agents) then comparing them to places like Orbitz and Hotels.com. By doing this I was able to get the price down a little. Not to much information but I hope it helps.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Try checking with a travel agent (hey what about our friendly travel agent Amy) or calling the hotel directly and see what deals they have to offer.

Oh, I think that is what User said. LOL

Sammie

images

Dude claims no Booking Fees on Priceline...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Over, go directly to the Holiday Inn website and get their lowest rate. Are you a member of AAA? This will give you their lowest rate. Do a search of other comparable hotels in the area for their rates and then go back to Holiday Inn and see if they will match it. June on the Cape tends to be busy so this may not be an option but it is worth a try.

You are right in that most of the online booking sites do charge a fee or will have higher rates as their fee is built in. It is often best to either do it yourself or, if you are with AAA, have them do it for you.

Are you set on staying in Hyannis? Reason I'm asking is I brought the kids to Plymouth several years ago and the Cape is not that far from there and I think you may find the rates a bit better.

If you have the time go on a whale watch. The watch that we went on was $36/person for 3 hours and it was amazing.

jimstud

Banned
try the sea crest in falmouth was there a couple of years ago reasonable rates indoor and outdoor pool a couple of differnt bars good resturant and a central location to get to the cape hot spots