miraculous free market: 5x more vacant homes than homeless people

newfie

miraculous free market efficiencies: there are 5x as many vacant homes as there are homeless people...according to Amnesty International USA.

Vacant Houses Outnumber Homeless People in U.S.

n the last few days, the U.S. government census figures have revealed that 1 in 2 Americans have fallen into poverty or are struggling to live on low incomes. this supports my quote that 50% of america is in or near poverty.

approximately 3.5 million people in the U.S. are homeless, many of them veterans. It is worth noting that, at the same time, there are 18.5 million vacant homes in the country.

thank Obama

newfie

no this post is about the people who want and need to live in homes, and the amount of homes that are sitting unused, and that the so called free market cant put them together.

everytime I go to the store I see a lot of vacant cars in the parking lot. I should be allowed to take one.

newfie

anyone who has a clue knows that most economics courses are restricted to the neo classical discipline of it. its not a balanced way of learning. if u want to learn something u better make sure you got a good professor, or that you learn outside of tradition school.

huh? Whut? I call bull:censored2: which means you have to finish your beer in one downing.

rickyb

This society of which you speak doesn't exist except maybe in Shangri la. I asked you your age before because you have a naive, almost fairy tale-like view of the world. I feel sorry for you when reality hits you in the face. I don't think you'll be able to handle it. Your parents did not prepare you well.
u have to elaborate.

ive already moved out 3x, 1 time for camp in churchill mb, 1 time in montreal, and 1 time in edmonton. its not a big deal, ill move out again when i get a camp job next 6 months to a year

but i think theres more to being an adult than just moving out, and doing consumerism...

yea i have my problems like alot of people my age, i wish i had some hands on ability to do a trade like welding or electrician, but i have no illusions about the ugliness of the world. but im not alone: alot of adults are not making it right now, and are not cut out for the globalized low wage economy.

rickyb

i was listening to CNN propaganda at work today and in florida because of the storm people are going to hotels and were paying $50 / night but the hotels suddenly decided to jack the rates up to $250 / night and now a single mother cant afford a room, but a CEO of a major chemicals company that poisoned people in india can.

a senior cant afford the room but a drug dealer can. a vet cant afford the room but a wall street banker who destroyed the economy can. you get the idea.

dudebro

i was listening to CNN propaganda at work today and in florida because of the storm people are going to hotels and were paying $50 / night but the hotels suddenly decided to jack the rates up to $250 / night and now a single mother cant afford a room, but a CEO of a major chemicals company that poisoned people in india can.

a senior cant afford the room but a drug dealer can. a vet cant afford the room but a wall street banker who destroyed the economy can. you get the idea.

Just like in the "legal" economy, only a few drug dealers at the top can afford that. Most of them generally earn minimum wage.

newfie

we know all about that your people that can afford to do so come south to get the medical care denied them in Canada. The poor stiffs just die waiting on Canadian health care

P

pickup

Even if the rates remained the same, the Wall Street banker probably has a better internet connection than the single mother so he would book the room first.

we know all about that your people that can afford to do so come south to get the medical care denied them in Canada. The poor stiffs just die waiting on Canadian health care
He may have trouble finding a dr. Accepting new patients.